SBST Feeder Bus Service 228 is a Feeder service operating from Bedok Interchange and looping at Bedok Reservoir Road, passing through Bedok North and Bedok Reservoir.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 228: Bedok – Bedok Reservoir Rd (Loop)
||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Bedok Reservoir Rd (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bedok North Ave 3|
|Travelling Time||55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0530 – 0040 (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 07 – 08 mins
0831 – 1659: 06 – 15 mins
1700 – 1900: 08 – 08 mins
After 1900: 08 – 19 mins
Feeder Service 228 primarily serves the residents of Bedok Reservoir Road, connecting them with Bedok Town Centre. However, it is not fully utilized beyond Kaki Bukit due to duplication with Service 60, which offers a more direct route to Bedok Interchange. This service duplicates Service 66 for almost its entire route length but remains useful by spreading out demand. During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings are extended to 1:00am to complement the extension of train operating hours.
- Bedok Reservoir Road (Christ Ch) → Bedok Interchange
0510hrs, 0523hrs, 0536hrs (Weekdays)
MRT Stations Served:
Fleet: See Above. Additional buses from Chinatown Direct CT18 will interline into this service during weekdays AM and PM peak hours.
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1970s: Original route as Bedok Int – Bedok Reservoir Rd (Loop). Buses head out via Bedok Nth Ave 1 & Bedok Nth Rd, returning via Bedok Nth Ave 3 and Bedok Nth St 1.
- 1981/82: Amended to Bedok Nth Ave 3 and Bedok Nth St 1 towards Bdk Reservoir, and return via Bedok Nth Ave 1 & Bedok Nth Rd
- 1984/85: Amended to Bedok Nth Ave 3 and Bedok Nth St 1 in both directions
- Early 90s: Slight amendment when Bedok Reservoir Road was converted to unidirectional traffic flow
- 2010 (18 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (11 Mar): Calls at new bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Block 204)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (Mar): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to the new Bedok Int, skips bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Blk 204)
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
External Links & References: