SMRT Feeder Service 301 is a Feeder service operating from Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange and looping at Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 & 6, passing through Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 and 5.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 301: Choa Chu Kang ↺ Keat Hong Close (Loop)
||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Keat Hong Close (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Way, Ave 2, Ave 3|
|Route Length||4.9 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– MAN A22
18-metre Articulated Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
||0530 – 0055 (Weekdays)
0545 – 0055 (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 06 – 06 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 08 mins
1700-1900: 05 – 08 mins
After 1900: 06 – 10 mins
Service 301 provides residents of Choa Chu Kang Neighborhoods 2 and 4 with greater connectivity to transport nodes at Choa Chu Kang Town Centre, namely Choa Chu Kang MRT/LRT station and Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange. It also serves other amenities in the neighborhood, such as Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall and Sunshine Place. It is the thirty-ninth (39th) service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), as well as the sixth feeder bus service.
The service loops at Choa Chu Kang Ave 6, a new road that joins the extension of Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 with Brickland Road and Choa Chu Kang Ave 1. It will serve four new bus stops, namely one along Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 extension, one along Choa Chu Kang Ave 6, and two more bus stops opposite existing ones along Choa Chu Kang Ave 2. The new Service 301 will benefit residents of newly-built residential developments in the CCK Ave 5/6 area, namely the HDB Bulit-to-Order (BTO) developments of Sunshine Gardens, Keat Hong Crest and Keat Hong Pride.
Originally intended to be launched on 15 Feb 2015 as the thirty-seventh (37th) BSEP-introduced bus service, negative feedback from Choa Chu Kang residents led to the postponing of the launch along with the accompanying Service 983 introduction and Service 300 amendment. The route was subsequently revised to its present form.
Originally proposed to ply via Choa Chu Kang Ave 3, the improved Service 301 now plys along Choa Chu Kang Ave 2, making use of the new bus stops built along Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 for the then proposed Service 300G/W which was cancelled.
This services provides a shorter bus route for residents at Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 to Choa Chu Kang Int instead of Service 300 which travels via Choa Chu Kang Ave 4.
On 19 April 2015, free route familiarization rides for the amended Service 300, new services 301 & 983 took place for the public and Choa Chu Kang residents to ride. SMB3077U was deployed for the amended Service 301 familiarization.
From 03 Jan 2016, Service 301 was extended to ply Keat Hong Close, calling at 2 additional bus stops along Keat Hong Close which serves the new Keat Hong Crest and Keat Hong Pride Estate.
Articulated buses were added to Service 301’s fleet since 21 Nov 2016 to cater to the increased demand for this bus service.
Route Poster Gallery
MRT / LRT Stations Served:
- Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 (Sunshine Pl) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Daily: 0515hrs until first bus from CCK Int
- 2015 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2015 (02 Feb): New Service 301 announced as a feeder service from Choa Chu Kang to Keat Hong Close under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), to be launched from 15 Feb 2015.
- 2015 (10 Feb): Service introduction delayed to Early April 2015 following feedback from Choa Chu Kang residents to SMRT & LTA.
- 2015 (25 Apr): New Service 301 launched as a feeder service from Choa Chu Kang to Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 & 6 under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (14 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (03 Jan): Extended to ply Keat Hong Close, calling at 2 additional bus stops along Keat Hong Close.
- 2016 (21 Nov): Start of articulated bus deployment
- Proposed Route in Feb 2015: Choa Chu Kang (CCK) Int, CCK Loop, CCK Ave 4, CCK Way, CCK Ave 3, CCK Ave 5, Keat Hong Close (Loop)
- 2015: Choa Chu Kang (CCK) Int, CCK Loop, CCK Ave 4, CCK Way, CCK Ave 2, CCK Ave 1, CCK Ave 3, CCK Ave 5, CCK Ave 6, CCK Ave 1, CCK Ave 2, CCK Way, CCK Ave 4, CCK Loop, Choa Chu Kang (CCK) Int
- 2016: Amended to present routing
External Links & References: