SBS Transit Bus Service 35 is a trunk route running from Bedok Interchange and looping at Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS) avenue with an express sector along Changi Coast Road, going via Tanah Merah MRT, Xilin Avenue and Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ ALPS Avenue (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tanah Merah, Xilin Ave, Changi Coast Rd|
|Route Length||35.5 km|
|Travelling Time||100 mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||Weekdays: 0600hrs – 1930hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs – 1500hrs
Sundays/PHs: No Operation
|0630-0830: 10 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 14 mins
After 1930: 14 – 15 mins
Introduced in 1995 with the opening of Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, Service 35 is a trunk route serving the Ferry Terminal and industries at Changi South with bus connections to Tanah Merah MRT and Bedok Town Centre. It is also the only regular bus route to serve Xilin Avenue and Changi Coast Road. The route also skips two pairs of bus stops between Tanah Merah MRT and Xilin Avenue.
Operating at low frequencies throughout the day, peak hour frequencies are improved with additional buses due to high demand from industries at Changi South. Daily ferry services operate from Tanah Meray Ferry Terminal to various destinations in Malaysia and Indonesia.
BSEP Route extension
From Monday, 15th December 2014, Service 35 was extended to the Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS) during the day, with an express sector along Changi Coast Road. The route now serves an additional 5 new bus stops, with one pair along Changi Coast Road (near Changi Ferry Road), and the remaining three along ALPS Avenue. The route extension is classified as the 36th new service under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), as well as the 4th route extension after 119, 11 and 123M.
Service 35 plies this extended route only during the day, operating on weekdays from 6.00am to 7.30pm, and on Saturdays from 6.00am to 3.00pm. The route will call at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal twice in a single trip and employ a coloured service plate for easier identification. Red plate will indicate buses heading to ALPS, and white plate indicates buses heading towards Bedok Int.
At all other times, a new route variant (Service 35M) will operate, plying Service 35’s existing route between Bedok Int and Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. Service 35M’s operating hours are weekdays from 7.45pm to 11.15pm, Saturdays from 3.15pm to 11.15pm and on Sundays & Public Holidays from 6.00am to 11.15pm.
The extended route will enhance connectivity to the Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS) and support the commuting needs of staff working at ALPS. Before the extension of Service 35 to ALPS, the commuting needs of the workers within ALPS were met with a shuttle service during peak hours to and fro from Tanah Merah MRT Station, operated by Woodlands Transport. Within ALPS, two more bus stops will be added by early 2015, in addition to the existing three stops along ALPS Avenue.
The Airport Logistics Park is not a restricted area and buses will not be subject to security checks before entering (unlike Changi Airport Basement terminals). The checkpoint at the entrance of ALPS Avenue is used for cargo only.
- ALPS Avenue (Opp DB Schenker) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0610hrs, 0623hrs, 0636hrs
Saturdays: 0610hrs, 0622hrs, 0634hrs
- SBS Transit Service 35M: Bedok Int ↺ Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (Loop)
Operates during non-operational hours of Service 35
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
For easy reference:
|Destinations||Distance||Adult Card Fares||Cash Fares|
|Tanah Merah MRT – TMFT||6.2 km||$1.08||$1.50|
|Bedok MRT – TMFT||8.1 km||$1.23||$1.70|
Fares are effective from 6th April 2014.
Service 35 operates with Volvo B9TL double-deck buses, alongside Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro single-deck buses. Double-deck buses were reintroduced since 3 Aug 2015.
|Loop Service (via ALPS Ave)
- 1995 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1995 (09 Jul): Introduced between Bedok Int and Tanah Merah Ferry Road, following the opening of the Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to call at the bus stops outside Bedok Station in both directions due to the opening of Bedok Temp Interchange.
- 2014 (23 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to the new air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2014 (15 Dec): Extended to loop at ALPS Avenue during selected times of day, existing route renumbered Service 35M and operates during off-peak hours. Classified as 36th service under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
- 2015 (16 Feb): Calls at additional pair of stops along Alps Ave, outside Prologis and DHL.
- 2015 (03 Aug): Start of WAB Double-Decker bus deployments
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.