|Loop Service (via Bukit Batok Avenue 4)|
|Route||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↺ Bukit Batok Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bukit Batok West Avenue 2, West Avenue 4|
|Route Length||5.0 km|
|Travelling Time||20 mins|
|GCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot (BUDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from T1||0530hrs – 0100hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 05 – 07 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 07 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 07 mins
After 1930: 06 – 07 mins
Feeder Service 947 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Bukit Batok West Ave 2, Bukit Batok West Ave 5 and Bukit Batok Rd, connecting them to transport nodes at Bukit Batok Central, namely Bukit Batok Bus Interchange & Bukit Batok MRT Station. Its primary area of service is Bukit Batok Neighbourhood 3 and 4.
The route serves schools such as Dazhong Primary School, Dunearn Secondary School, and Hong Kah Primary School. It also serves community amenities such as Bukit Batok Home for The Aged, Bukit Batok Hillside Park and Club CSC @ Bukit Batok. For residents along Bukit Batok West Ave 4, this route offers a faster trave option to Bukit Batok Central as compared to Feeder 945.
Formerly a Singapore Bus Service (SBS) route known as Service 367, it was transferred to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS) in 2000 when areas of responsibility were exchanged between SBS and TIBS, which has since been re-branded to SMRT. The route was later renumbered to Service 947. High capacity double-deck / articulated buses are not deployed on a daily basis due to moderate daily demand from residents.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings are extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
Fare: Fares for Feeder Services are capped at 3.2km. Refer to Fare Table.
- 1985 – 2000: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 28 May 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 May 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021.
- 1985: Introduced by SBS as Service 367, Bukit Batok – Bukit Batok Rd (Loop)
- 2000 (18 Jun): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS)
- 2003 (04 May): Re-numbered to Service 947
- 2013 (29 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (29 May): Operations handed over to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
External Links & References: