Go-Ahead Bus Service 119 is a residential trunk route from Punggol Int and looping at Kovan, passing through Sengkang East, Hougang Avenue 8, Upper Serangoon Road and Hougang Street 21. This is also the second route to be ‘introduced’ under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), only as a route extension from Sengkang to Punggol.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go-Ahead Singapore) has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 4 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
|Bus Service 119: Punggol ↺ Hougang Street 21 (Loop)|
||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Hougang Street 21 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Sengkang East, Hougang Avenue 8, Upp Serangoon Rd|
|Route Length||18.4 km|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol
||0500 – 2330 (Weekdays)
0505 – 2330 (Saturdays)
0550 – 2330 (Sun/PHs)
|0530-0830: 09 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 12 – 15 mins
After 1900: 15 – 17 mins
Go-Ahead Bus Service 119 is a residential trunk route from Punggol Int and looping at Kovan, passing through Sengkang East, Hougang Avenue 8, Upper Serangoon Road and Hougang Street 21. The service offers key inter-town links for residential areas along its route, connecting to transport nodes at Punggol, Sengkang and Kovan MRT Stations. It loops at Hougang Street 21 FC, the old Hougang South Bus Interchange.
In 2012, Service 119 was extended to Punggol (from Sengkang) and classified as the second bus service to be “introduced” under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP). Double-deck Volvo B9TL Wright buses were added, making the return of double-decker buses to 119, which were phased out long ago owing to lack of demand.
MRT Stations served by the route:
LRT Stations served by this route:
- 14 Sep 2003 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2003 (14 Sep): Introduced to replace missing links after the withdrawal of service 85. Sengkang Interchange – Upp Serangoon Rd (Loop).
- 2004 (27 Mar): Amended to call at the relocated bus stop at Hougang St 21 (Hougang St 21 FC), which was previously known as the former Hougang South Bus Interchange.
- 2012 (21 Oct): Extended to Punggol Temp Int via Punggol Field, Sengkang East Rd, Sengkang East Way, Sengkang East Rd & Punggol Field, skipping one bus stop along Compassvale Rd (Opp Blk 241). This bus service is under Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
- 2013 (31 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (13 Jan): First bus timing adjust to 5:00am on weekdays
- 2015 (30 Aug): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Punggol Way
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. First bus timings on Saturdays brought forward from 5.15am to 5.05am. First bus timings on Sundays/Public Holidays brought forward from 6.00am to 5.50am.
- 2016 (13 Nov): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Sengkang East Rd (Opp Blk 293D / Blk 286B)
- Refer to this article
- 2012: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2012.