SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 238 is a Feeder service operating from Toa Payoh Interchange and looping at Lorong 8 Toa Payoh, passing through Lorong 6 Toa Payoh.
||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↺ Lorong 8 Toa Payoh (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, Toa Payoh East, Braddell Rd|
|Route Length||6.7 km|
|Travelling Time||35 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan–Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Toa Payoh
||0515hrs – 0045hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 03 – 05 mins
0831-1659: 03 – 07 mins
1700-1900: 02 – 06 mins
After 1900: 03 – 06 mins
Feeder Service 238 serves residents and schools around Toa Payoh Lorong 6 and 8 to Toa Payoh Town Centre. It is also the only feeder service in Toa Payoh to not serve Braddell MRT. The route benefits from both residential and industrial demand from the estates and Toa Payoh Industrial Park.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings are extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
Fare: Fares for Feeder Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
MRT Station Served
- NS19 Toa Payoh
- Toa Payoh East (Blk 25) → Toa Payoh Int
Weekdays: 0658hrs, 0718hrs, 0734hrs, 0759hrs, 0814hrs & 0837hrs
- 1983 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1983 (26 Dec): Introduced by SBS as Toa Payoh Int – Lor 8 Toa Payoh (Loop)
- 1998 (31 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Temp Int
- 1999: Calls at a new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Toa Payoh Swim Cplx along Lor 6 Toa Payoh
- 2001 (01 Nov): Operated by SBS Transit
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub
- 2012 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
External Links & References: