SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 243G is a Feeder service operating from Boon Lay Interchange and looping at Jurong West Avenue 5, passing through Jurong West Street 64, 75, 81 and 62 in an anti-clockwise loop fashion. Service 243W plies the same route in the clockwise direction. Formerly denoted as Direction 1 of Service 243, bus stop poles for this service were updated to reflect Service 243G instead of 243 in October 2019.
↺ Jurong West Ave 5 (Loop)
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong West Avenue 5 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong West St 64, Jurong West St 75, Jurong West St 81|
|Route Length||5.1 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
|05:55 – 00:40|
|Weekdays||5 – 6 mins||3 – 6 mins||4 mins||4 – 8 mins|
|Saturdays||9 – 12 mins||5 – 9 mins||6 – 10 mins||8 – 10 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||6 – 11 mins||5 – 9 mins||6 – 10 mins||8 – 10 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 243G serves residents and schools around Jurong West Neighbourhoods 6, 7 and 8, connecting these estates to Gek Poh Shopping Centre and Jurong West Town Centre, where passengers can connect to other bus services at Boon Lay Bus Interchange or Boon Lay MRT Station.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Boon Lay MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Station Served
- EW27 Boon Lay
- Jurong West St 75 (Opp Blk 755) → Boon Lay Int via Jurong West Ave 5
Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:30
- Jurong West Ave 5 (Blk 710) → Boon Lay Int
- Service 243W: Boon Lay Interchange ↺ Jurong West Avenue 5 (Loop)
- 1999 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1991 (19 May): Introduced between Boon Lay Int and Jurong West Ave 5 (Loop)
- 1992 (29 Mar): Amended to ply Pioneer Rd North, skipping Jurong West St 71
- 1994 (25 Dec): Amended to ply Jurong West St 75, Jurong West St 81 and Jurong West St 71, skipping Jurong West St 72
- 1996 (28 Jul): Amended to ply Jurong West St 64, skipping Jln Boon Lay and Upp Jurong Rd
- 1999: Amended to ply Jurong West St 61 and Jurong West St 62 and converted to a bi-directional feeder service with green and white plates
- 1999: Re-numbered from Service 243 as a service between Boon Lay Int and Jurong West Ave 5 (Loop) via Jurong West St 64
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2008 (15 Jun): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 670A along Jurong West St 64
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)