SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 243G is a Feeder service operating from Boon Lay Interchange and looping at Jurong West Avenue 5, passing through Jurong West Street 64, 75, 81 and 62 in an anti-clockwise loop fashion. Service 243W plies the same route in the clockwise direction.
Formerly denoted as Direction 1 of Service 243, bus stop poles for this service were updated to reflect Service 243G instead of 243 in October 2019.
||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong West Ave 5 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong West Street 64, 75, 81, 62|
|Route Length||5.1 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0555hrs – 0040hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||0630hrs – 0830hrs: 05 – 06 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 03 – 06 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 04 mins
After 1900hrs: 04 – 08 mins
Feeder Service 243G serves residents and schools around Jurong West Neighbourhoods 6, 7 and 8, connecting these estates to Gek Poh Shopping Centre and Jurong West Town Centre, where passengers can connect to other bus services at Boon Lay Bus Interchange or Boon Lay MRT Station.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Boon Lay MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to these dates.
- Jurong West St 75 (Opp Blk 755) → Boon Lay Int via Jurong West Ave 5
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 0530hrs
- Jurong West Ave 5 (Blk 710) → Boon Lay Int
MRT Station Served
- EW27 Boon Lay
- Service 243W: Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong West Avenue 5 (Loop)
Fare: Fares for Feeder Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares.
- 1991 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1991: Introduced as Boon Lay – Jurong West St 71 (Loop)
- 1992 : Amended to loop at Pioneer Road North instead of Jurong West Street 71
- 1994: Amended to serve Jurong West St 75, 81 & 82 and loop at Pioneer Rd North via Jurong West Street 71
- 1996: Amended to ply express sector along Jurong West St 64 before Jurong West St 75 instead of Jln Boon Lay and Upp Jurong Rd
- 1999: Extended to serve Jurong West Ave 4, St 61, St 62 & converted to bi-directional feeder service. Began to call at bus stops along Jurong West St 64.
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int along Jurong West St 64
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Int
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)