SBS Transit Parks 408 was a Parks service running from HarbourFront Interchange and looping at Port Road, serving Mount Faber Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park, Hortpark and Labrador Park. It was the last Parks service in operation.
Parks Bus Service 408 was withdrawn on 01 Aug 2016.
|Route||HarbourFront Bus Interchange ↺ Port Road|
|Passes Through||Henderson Rd, Depot Rd, Alexandra Rd|
|Former Operator||SBS Transit|
|Former Depot||Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)|
|Former Fleet||Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro|
|Operating Days||Service Withdrawn|
|Departure Times from Harbourfront
Service 408 links the transport node of HarbourFront MRT and Bus Interchange with Mount Faber Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park, Hortpark and Labrador Park, while also serving residents of Telok Blangah Heights / Depot Road, and Telok Blangah / Labrador Park MRT stations. The service is aimed at park-goers and improves public transport connectivity to the park.
Introduced in 2005 as one of five Parks services, the route primarily served Labrador Park. It underwent a major amendment in 2009 to increase its catchment area via Depot Road and another minor amendment in 2014 to skip Telok Blangah Street 32. This service has two u-turn points, one at Labrador Villa Road (Carpark A) and the other at Port Road (Carpark B).
The route was withdrawn from 1 August 2016 likely due to insufficient demand levels, with the last day of service being Sunday, 31 July 2016. As the last surviving Parks service, its withdrawal marked the end of SBS Transit’s Parks bus services.
|Card / Cash fares for Parks services|
|Adult, PWD*, WTCS**||$1.20|
|*PWD = Persons with Disabilities
** WTCS = WorkFare Transport Concession Scheme cardholders
Bus concession passes and distance-based fares are not applicable.
Fleet: Service 408′s fleet consists of spare wheelchair-accessible buses from Ayer Rajah Depot. During mealbreaks, a bus from Service 93 will crossover to Service 408, covering the missing trip.
|Loop Service (via Port Rd)|
- 12 Mar 2005 – 31 Jul 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 2005 (12 Mar): Introduced as a Parks service between HarbourFront and Labrador Park via Telok Blangah Road
- 2009 (07 Mar): Extended to Depot Road in both directions via Henderson Road, Alexandra Road and Telok Blangah Street 32 (return direction only).
- 2014 (01 Mar): Skips Telok Blangah Heights, St 32 and Drive towards HarbourFront, while calling at a new bus stop along Henderson Road.
- 2016 (28 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (01 Aug): Service withdrawn
External Links & References: