SBS Transit Parks 408 was a Parks service running from HarbourFront Interchange and looping at Port Road, serving Mount Faber Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park, Hortpark and Labrador Park. It was the last Parks service in operation and was withdrawn on 1 August 2016.
|Route||HarbourFront Bus Interchange ↺ Port Road|
|Passes Through||Henderson Rd, Depot Rd, Alexandra Rd|
|Route Length||14.5 km|
|Travelling Time||45 mins|
|Former Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Former Depot||Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)|
||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from HarbourFront
||1100hrs — 2100hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)|
0831—1659: 17 – 20 mins
1700—1930: 12 – 26 mins
After 1930: 17 – 18 mins
Service 408 linked the transport node of HarbourFront MRT and Bus Interchange with Mount Faber Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park, Hortpark and Labrador Park, while also serving residents of Telok Blangah Heights / Depot Road, and Telok Blangah / Labrador Park MRT stations. The service was aimed at park-goers and improved public transport connectivity to the park.
Introduced in 2005 as one of five Parks services, the route primarily served Labrador Park. It underwent a major amendment in 2009 to increase its catchment area via Depot Road and another minor amendment in 2014 to skip Telok Blangah Heights/St 32/Dr. This service has two u-turn points, one at Labrador Villa Road (Carpark A) and the other at Port Road (Carpark B).
The route was withdrawn from 1 August 2016 likely due to insufficient demand levels, with the last day of service being Sunday, 31 July 2016. As the last surviving Parks service, its withdrawal marked the end of SBS Transit’s Parks bus services.
|Card / Cash fares for Parks services|
|Adult, PWD*, WTCS**||$1.20|
|*PWD = Persons with Disabilities
** WTCS = WorkFare Transport Concession Scheme cardholders
Bus concession passes and distance-based fares are not applicable.
- 12 Mar 2005 – 31 Jul 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 2005 (12 Mar): Introduced as a Parks service between HarbourFront and Labrador Park via Telok Blangah Road
- 2009 (07 Mar): Extended to Depot Road in both directions via Henderson Road, Alexandra Road and Telok Blangah Street 32 (return direction only).
- 2014 (01 Mar): Skips Telok Blangah Heights, St 32 and Drive towards HarbourFront, while calling at a new bus stop along Henderson Road.
- 2016 (28 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (01 Aug): Service withdrawn