City Direct Bus Service 671 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Buangkok and the Central Business District, passing through Sengkang West. It is the twenty-first City Direct route, as well as the sixty-sixth (66th) route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP). It was launched on 17 Oct 2016.
City Direct 671 is operated by SBS Transit from Monday, 13 January 2020.
||[AM]: Punggol Rd (Opp The Rivervale) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Blvd (Marina Bay Station) → Punggol Rd (The Rivervale)
|Passes Through||Sengkang East Ave, Compassvale Rd/Dr, Anchorvale Rd/Dr|
|Route Length||22.7 km (D1) | 23.2 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||75 mins (D1) | 67 mins (D2)|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-meter Double Decker Buses
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Punggol Rd
||0730hrs – 0750hrs (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||1820hrs – 1835hrs (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|20 mins||15 mins|
City Direct Service 671 provides residents of Sengkang West with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Fernvale and the CBD via Yio Chu Kang Rd, CTE, Outram Rd and Cantonment Rd.
This is the twenty-first City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
The tender for this route called for on 15 April 2016. Read more about the tender here.
- AM Peak from Punggol Rd (Opp The Rivervale): 0730hrs, 0750hrs
- PM Peak from Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn): 1820hrs, 1835hrs
MRT / LRT Stations Served
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares.
Free rides were given out to commuters on the first day of service on 17 October 2016.
- 2016 (15 Apr): Tender for City Directs 651, 671 & 672 announced; tender closes 10 May 2016.
- 2016 (01 Aug): Contract awarded to Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd
- 2016 (17 Oct): Launched under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme.
- 2018 (25 Jun): Third morning trip added, departure times from Punggol Rd revised to 7:30am, 7:40am and 7:50am
- 2020 (13 Jan): Transferred operations to SBS Transit. Morning trips reduced to 2 trips at 7.30am & 7.50am with the deployment of Double Decker Buses
- 17 Oct 2016 – 10 Jan 2020: Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd
- 13 Jan 2020 onward: SBS Transit Ltd
External Links & References: