SMRT Bus Service 700A is a trunk route between Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk and Suntec City, passing through Petir, Bukit Timah, Orchard. It incorporates an express sector between and Dairy Farm Road and Whitley Road via BKE and PIE.
- No boarding and alighting at Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk
- Buses leaving Bukit Panjang after 2245hrs will terminate at Suntec City
||Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park ↺ Temasek Avenue (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Petir, Bukit Timah, Orchard, Bras Basah, Suntec City|
|Route Length||39.7 km|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)
Buses park at: Ulu Pandan Bus Depot (UPDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz OC500LE
|Departure Times from Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk
||1840 – 2245 (Weekdays)
1315 – 2245 (Saturdays)
0555 – 2245 (Sundays & Public Holidays)
2246 – 2330 (Daily | Terminates at Suntec City)
|0630 – 0830: 11 – 12 mins
0831 – 1659: 11 – 12 mins
1700 – 1900: 12 mins
After 1900: 10 – 13 mins
Service 700A is an express link between Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk and the city areas of Bukit Timah, Orchard Road and Marina Centre (700A), incorporating an express sector between Dairy Farm Road and Whitley Road along the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) and Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE).
Buses leaving Bukit Panjang after 2245 hours daily will terminate at Temasek Boulevard (Suntec Convention Ctr).
Double-deck buses were regularly deployed on Service 700 and 700A since 15 September 2014.
Originally introduced as Rapidbus 700 in 1998, the pioneering service only calls at a limited number of bus stops along high demand corridors. Buses on the route were fitted with special transponders which retain the green light at selected traffic junctions until the bus has cleared the junction. The transponder trial was later discontinued. Buses also displayed the Rapidbus logo on the Electronic Display Signs. Rapidbus was discontinued in 1999, with 700 being shortened to Bukit Panjang (From Woodlands) and converted to a regular trunk service, and at the same time, the 700A variant was introduced.
MRT Stations Served:
- DT1BP6 Bukit Panjang
- DT10 Stevens
- NS21DT11 Newton
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC2 Bras Basah
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
LRT Stations Served:
- Petir Road (Opp Blk 201) → Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk
0540 – 0700 (Daily), until the first bus arrives from the City
Operates as 700 (Weekdays & Sat), or as 700A (Sundays & PHs)
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1998 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1999 (26 Dec): 700A introduced to loop at Marina Centre during off-peak hours.
- 2006 (18 Jun): Merged with feeder service 921 to ply Petir Road and Dairy Farm Road
- 2012 (01 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (15 Sep): Alexander Dennis Enviro500 double-deck buses deployed
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.