As part of the relocation of Jurong East Bus Interchange, Service 79A will start service at Boon Lay Int and terminate at Jurong Town Hall Rd (Jurong East Lib) from 6 December 2020.
|Route||Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange → Boon Lay Bus Interchange
[From 06 Dec 2020]
Boon Lay Bus Interchange → Jurong Town Hall Road (Jurong East Lib)
|Passes Through||Jurong Town Hall Rd, Teban Gardens Rd, Penjuru Rd, Jurong Port Rd, Chin Bee Ave|
|Route Length||12.2 km
[From 06 Dec 2020]
|Traveling Time||37 – 38 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||Weekdays||Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays
|22:30 – 23:00||22:40 – 23:00|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Short Trip Service 79A is a trunk service operating from Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange and ends at Boon Lay Bus Interchange. The Short-Trip Service offers unidirectional trips from Jurong East to Boon Lay via the Jurong Industrial Estate during the late night hours (after the last bus of Service 79 has departed), without having to operate full-distance trips of Service 79.
- From Jurong East Temp Int:
Weekdays: 22:30, 22:45 & 23:00
Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays: 22:40 & 23:00
[From 6 Dec 2020]
From Boon Lay Int:
Daily: 22:45 & 23:00
MRT Stations Served:
- 12 Jun 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2016 (12 Jun): Introduced as a short-trip service from Jurong East Temp Int to Boon Lay Int, operating after the last bus of Service 79 daily. Wheelchair-accessible at launch.
- 2016 (23 Oct): Serves an additional bus stop (21059) along Jln Buroh
- 2020 (06 Dec): Amended to start at Boon Lay Int and terminate at Jurong Town Hall Rd (Jurong East Lib) as part of the relocation of Jurong East Int