SBS Transit Bus Service 87 is a trunk service plying between Sengkang Int and Bedok Int, passing through Hougang Central, Hougang Ave 3, Kaki Bukit and Bedok North.
||Sengkang Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Hougang Central, Hougang Ave 3, Kaki Bukit Ave 1, Bedok North Rd|
|Route Length||13.2 km (D1) | 13.3 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Sengkang
||0530hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Bedok||0530hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 04 – 07 mins
0831 – 1659: 03 – 14 mins
1700 – 1900: 04 – 09 mins
After 1900: 04 – 17 mins
|0630 – 0830: 04 – 09 mins
0831 – 1659: 03 – 14 mins
1700 – 1900: 04 – 15 mins
After 1900: 15 – 17 mins
Service 87 is a relatively short inter-town route, but serves many heavy-demand sectors and is an important route. It connects Sengkang, Hougang Ctrl, Hougang Ave 3, Kaki Bukit and Bedok, and experiences high demand during most of the day by residents and office workers.
From Ubi and Kaki Bukit Industrial Estates, Service 87 connects to Bedok, Hougang Central and Sengkang, providing direct bus service to these areas. From Bedok Interchange, the route also connects Kaki Bukit residents to their homes.
As part of the DTL3 Bus Service Enhancements, Service 87 calls at a new bus stop along Bedok North Road, at Bedok North MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
MRT/LRT Stations Served
- Hougang Central (Opp Hougang Ctrl Int) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0617hrs, 0848hrs, 0004hrs, 0025hrs
Saturdays: 0005hrs, 0025hrs
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0004hrs, 0025hrs
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1999 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package.
- 1999 (19 Sep): Introduced by SBS between Sengkang Int and Bedok Int
- 2001 (28 Apr): Terminates at Sengkang Temp Int
- 2003 (18 Jan): Terminates at air-conditioned Sengkang Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (28 Aug): Amended to Jln Tenaga & Jln Damai, with the partial closure of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 due to the Downtown MRT Line construction works.
- 2011 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Terminates at Bedok Temporary Int
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Terminates at air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2016 (24 Apr): Resumes using Kaki Bukit Ave 1, skipping Jln Damai and Jln Tenaga.
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new bus stop at Bedok North MRT Station
- Refer to this article
- 2016: No significant route changes since 2016.