SBS Transit Express Bus Service 89e is an express route between Hougang Central and Changi Airfreight Centre, passing through Sengkang, TPE, Loyang Avenue and Nicoll Drive, with an express sector on the PIE between Punggol Road and Loyang Avenue. Its parent route is Service 89.
Hougang Central Bus Interchange → Airport Cargo Road (SATS Cargo Terminal)
Airline Road (3rd Cargo Agents) → Hougang Central Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||Sengkang, TPE, Loyang Avenue, Nicoll Drive|
|Route Length||22.3 km (D1) | 21.8 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||65 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Hougang Central
||0650 – 0735 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from Airline Rd
||1751 – 1839 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|11 – 12 mins||12 mins|
Service 89e is the express variant of Service 89 and charges express fares. The service offers faster connections between the residential estates of Hougang and Sengkang with the industrial estates at Loyang and the Changi Airfreight Centre.
The route skips Pasir Ris completely, and only calls at selected stops along Loyang Ave.
Changi Airfreight Centre:
Changi Airfreight Centre (formerly Changi Airport Cargo Complex) is a restricted area and only staff with valid passes are allowed to enter. Auxiliary police officers will board the bus to check for staff passes at the Police Pass Office along Airline Road. Visitors who do not have a pass are to alight from the bus.
- From Hougang Central Int: 0650hrs, 0702hrs, 0713hrs, 0724hrs, 0735hrs
- From 3rd Cargo Agents, Airline Rd: 1751hrs, 1803hrs, 1815hrs, 1827hrs, 1839hrs
- SBS Transit Bus Service 89
Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Airfreight Centre (Loop)
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- 2005 (19 Sep): Introduced between Hougang Ctrl Int and Changi Airport Cargo Complex to provide a faster travel between places where there is a high demand by calling at fewer stops.
- 2009 (23 Feb): PM Peak trips start from Airline Road (3rd Cargo Agents)
- 2014 (24 Aug): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along the slip road of Tampines Expressway near Punggol Flyover
- 2015 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (12 Aug): Renamed as an Express Bus Service from a Fast Forward Bus Service
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package.