SMRT Bus Service 927 is a trunk route from Choa Chu Kang Interchange and looping at Mandai Lake Road, going via KJE, Woodlands Road and Mandai Road. It is one of two daily public bus services to Mandai Wildlife Reserve.
↺ Singapore Zoo (Loop)
|Route||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Mandai Lake Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Woodlands Rd, Mandai Rd|
|Route Length||18.5 km|
|Travelling Time||55 mins (Full Loop)|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
|06:00 – 00:00|
|Departure Times from S’pore Zoo
||Sundays / Public Holidays
|06:26 – 00:22||06:25 – 00:25||06:23 – 00:24|
|Loop Service||13 mins||12 – 17 mins||13 – 14 mins||13 – 18 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 927 is a trunk route linking Choa Chu Kang with Woodlands Road and Mandai Lake Road, providing bus connections to various industries along Woodlands Road and with attractions at Mandai Wildlife Reserve. Along Mandai Road, the route serves the Singapore Civil Defence Academy – Mandai Training Village, Mandai Police Training Camp and the Police Tactical Training Camp.
Demand for this service is moderate on most days due to demand from industrial areas around Woodlands Road. On weekends and public holidays, demand is heavier as more commuters head to attractions at the Mandai Wildlife Reserve (Bird Paradise, Singapore Zoo, River Wonders and Night Safari) along Mandai Lake Road. Along with Service 138, this service provides bus connections to Mandai Lake Road daily.
MRT / LRT Station Served
- NS4BP1 Choa Chu Kang
- 1995 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang-Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1995 (09 Apr): Introduced between Singapore Zoological Gardens Ter and Mandai Rd (Loop)
- 1996 (10 Mar): Extended to start from Choa Chu Kang Int and amended to loop at Mandai Lake Rd under Woodlands MRT Rationalisation
- 1997: Serves new bus stop before Mandai Rd along Mandai Lake Rd
- 1997: Serves new bus stop outside Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall along Choa Chu Kang Ave 4
- 1999 (26 Dec): Amended to ply KJE, Woodlands Rd and Mandai Rd under Bukit Panjang LRT Rationalisation, skipping Teck Whye Ave, Choa Chu Kang Rd, Bt Panjang Rd and BKE
- 2003: Skips abolished bus stop after BKE along Mandai Rd
- 2007 (15 Jul): Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Northvale Condo along Choa Chu Kang Dr
- 2013 (25 Aug): Operating hours extended from 0630 – 2330 to 0600 – 0000 daily.
- 2014 (02 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (12 Mar): Serves additional bus stop before Yew Tee Flyover along Woodlands Rd
- 2017 (28 May): Skips abolished bus stop opposite Mandai Rd along Woodlands Rd
- 2018 (10 Jun): Serves new bus stop before Yew Tee Flyover along Woodlands Rd
- 2018 (14 Oct): Skips a pair of abolished bus stops before and after Singapore Zoo along Mandai Lake Rd
- 2018 (16 Dec): Amended to relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange, skipping Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4.
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles