SMRT Bus Service 927 is a trunk route from Choa Chu Kang Interchange and looping at Mandai Lake Road, going via KJE, Woodlands Road and Mandai Road. It is one of two daily services to Singapore Zoo and Night Safari.
||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Mandai Lake Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Woodlands Road, Mandai Road|
|Route Length||18.5 km|
|Travelling Time||45 mins (Full loop)|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
||0600 – 0000 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 13 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 13 – 14 mins
After 1900: 13 – 18 mins
Service 927 is a trunk route linking Choa Chu Kang with Woodlands Road and Mandai Lake Road, providing bus connections to various industries along Woodlands Road and with attractions such as Singapore Zoo and Night Safari. Along Mandai Road, the route serves the Singapore Civil Defence Academy – Mandai Training Village, Mandai Police Training Camp and the Police Tactical Training Camp.
Demand for this service is moderate on most days due to demand from industrial areas around Woodlands Road. On weekends and public holidays, demand is heavier as more commuters head to attractions such as the Singapore Zoo, River Safari and Night Safari along Mandai Lake Road. Along with Service 138, this service provides bus connections to Mandai Lake Road daily.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Stations Served
- NS4BP1 Choa Chu Kang
- 1995 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1995 (09 Apr): Introduced between Mandai Lake Rd and Mandai Rd (Loop)
- 1996 (10 Mar): Extended to Choa Chu Kang interchange.
- 1999 (26 Dec): Amended to ply KJE, Woodlands Rd and Mandai Rd instead of Choa Chu Kang Dr, Teck Whye Ave, Choa Chu Kang Rd, Bukit Panjang Rd and BKE. Deleted sectors were replaced by Service 171.
- 2013 (25 Aug): Operating hours extended from 0630 – 2330 to 0600 – 0000 daily.
- 2014 (02 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2016 (12 Mar): Calls at additional bus stop along Woodlands Rd towards Mandai Lake Rd.
- 2017 (28 May): Calls at relocated bus stop 47071 Bef Mandai Rd along Woodlands Rd.
- 2018 (10 Jun): Calls at a new bus stop along Woodlands Road (44999 Bef Yew Tee Flyover)
- 2018 (14 Oct): Skips removed bus stops 48121 – Bef S’pore Zoo & 48129 – Aft S’pore Zoo along Mandai Lake Rd
- 2018 (16 Dec): Calls at relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange, skipping Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4.
- Refer to this article
- 2018: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2018.