SBS Transit Bus Service 138 is a trunk route running from Ang Mo Kio and looping at Mandai Lake Road (Singapore Zoo), via Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, 6 and 5, Upper Thomson and Mandai Road.
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Mandai Lake Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, Ang Mo Kio Ave 5, Upp Thomson Rd, Mandai Rd|
|Route Length||27.0 km|
|Traveling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
||0600hrs – 2345hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from S’pore Zoo
||0638hrs – 0018hrs (Weekdays)
0637hrs – 0018hrs (Saturdays)
0634hrs – 0019hrs (Sundays / Public Holidays)
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 10 – 11 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 08 – 11 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 08 – 11 mins
After 1900hrs: 08 – 12 mins
Service 138 connects Ang Mo Kio Town Centre with the Mandai region, serving Singapore Zoo, River Safari and Night Safari along Mandai Lake Road, as well as Mandai Crematorium & Columbarium and Upper Seletar Reservoir Park along Mandai Road. It also supplements bus connections for residents around Mandai, Springleafand Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 to Ang Mo Kio Town Centre. The fleet consists entirely of single-deck buses.
Recreational demand for this route to and from Mandai Lake Road is high from tourists and locals alike, and concentrated around the late mornings and evenings in tandem with opening hours of the Singapore Zoo, River Safari and Night Safari.
During weekends and public holidays, more buses will be deployed to cater for higher demand. Short Trip Service 138A operates unidirectional trips from Ang Mo Kio to Mandai Lake Road in the mornings, and in the afternoon, reverse trips starting from Mandai Lake Road towards Ang Mo Kio are operated. Detailed timings are in the section below.
MRT Station Served:
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- Ang Mo Kio Town Centre / AMK Hub
- Ang Mo Kio Public Library
- Ang Mo Kio Polyclinic
- Ang Mo Kio Town Garden (West)
- Yio Chu Kang Secondary School
- Springleaf Nature Park
- Upper Seletar Reservoir Park
- Mandai Crematorium and Columbarium
- Mandai MRT/Bus Depot
- Singapore Zoo / River Safari / Night Safari
- Mandai Lake Rd (Singapore Zoo) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Saturdays: 1450hrs, 1458hrs, 1531hrs, 1542hrs, 1603hrs, 1623hrs, 1643hrs, 1654hrs, 1704hrs, 1724hrs, 1744hrs, 1804hrs, 1815hrs, 1825hrs, 1836hrs, 1857hrs, 1907hrs
Sundays & Public Holidays: 1447hrs, 1507hrs, 1528hrs, 1539hrs, 1601hrs, 1611hrs, 1621hrs, 1632hrs, 1643hrs, 1653hrs, 1724hrs, 1735hrs, 1746hrs, 1757hrs, 1808hrs, 1820hrs, 1852hrs
- Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Blk 604) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0638hrs, 0647hrs, 0656hrs, 0711hrs, 0724hrs, 0736hrs, 0748hrs, 0807hrs, 0826hrs
Saturdays: 0638hrs, 0707hrs, 0724hrs
Short Trip Services:
- Service 138A: Ang Mo Kio Int → Mandai Lake Road (Singapore Zoo)
Saturdays: 0832hrs, 0846hrs, 0900hrs, 0914hrs, 0928hrs, 0942hrs, 0956hrs, 1010hrs, 1024hrs, 1038hrs, 1052hrs, 1106hrs, 1120hrs, 1134hrs, 1147hrs, 1200hrs, 1213hrs
Sundays & Public Holidays: 0824hrs, 0837hrs, 0850hrs, 0917hrs, 0944hrs, 1012hrs, 1040hrs, 1054hrs, 1121hrs, 1135hrs, 1148hrs, 1202hrs, 1215hrs, 1229hrs
- Service 138B: Ang Mo Kio Int → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Opp Blk 604)
Weekdays: 1827hrs, 1838hrs, 1849hrs, 1900hrs, 1911hrs, 1922hrs, 1933hrs, 1944hrs, 1955hrs, 2007hrs, 2019hrs, 2031hrs, 2043hrs
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1994 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1994 (26 Apr): Introduced by SBS between Yio Chu Kang Ter and Singapore Zoological Gardens, with Service 171 skipping Mandai Lake Road.
- 1994 (01 Oct): Extended to Ang Mo Kio Int via Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8.
- 2002 (24 Mar): Enhanced to ply along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, 6 & 5, instead of along Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 & 5, to cover the deleted sectors of Service 269 when AMK Temp Int opened.
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (26 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (01 Dec): Introduction of Shortworking trip 138A during Weekend/PH mornings
- 2015 (19 Oct): Introduction of Shortworking trip 138B during Weekday evenings
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- 2018 (14 Oct): Skips removed bus stops 48121 – Bef S’pore Zoo & 48129 – Aft S’pore Zoo along Mandai Lake Rd
- Refer to this article
- 2002: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2002.