SBS Transit Bus Service 138 is a trunk route running from Ang Mo Kio and looping at Mandai Lake Road (Singapore Zoo), going via Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, 6 and 5, Upper Thomson and Mandai Road.
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Mandai Lake Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, Ang Mo Kio Ave 5, Upp Thomson Rd, Mandai Rd|
|Route Length||27.0 km|
|Traveling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
||0600hrs – 2345hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from S’pore Zoo
||0636hrs – 0017hrs (Weekdays)
0634hrs – 0017hrs (Saturdays)
0632hrs – 0017hrs (Sundays / Public Holidays)
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 10 – 12 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 08 – 11 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 08 – 14 mins
After 1900hrs: 07 – 16 mins
Service 138 serves as a connection between Ang Mo Kio Town Centre and the Singapore Zoo, River Safari and Night Safari along Mandai Lake Road, as well as Mandai Crematorium and Columbarium along Mandai Road. It also supplements bus connections for residents along Mandai Road and Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 to Ang Mo Kio Town Centre.
Demand for this route to and from Mandai Lake Road is high from tourists and locals alike, and concentrated around the late mornings, evenings and late nights in conjunction with opening hours of the Zoo, River Safari and Night Safari. During weekends, additional spare single-deck buses will be deployed to cater for higher demand, as well as the deployment of Short Trip Service 138A which allows buses to return to Ang Mo Kio Int more quickly to pick up another load of passengers.
MRT Stations Served:
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- Mandai Lake Rd (Singapore Zoo) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Saturdays & Eves of PHs: 1451hrs, 1503hrs, 1514hrs, 1533hrs, 1603hrs, 1615hrs, 1628hrs, 1638hrs, 1652hrs, 1724hrs, 1734hrs, 1744hrs, 1752hrs, 1809hrs, 1837hrs, 1857hrs
Sundays & PH: 1449hrs, 1500hrs, 1519hrs, 1549hrs, 1609hrs, 1619hrs, 1629hrs, 1640hrs, 1709hrs, 1727hrs, 1738hrs, 1746hrs, 1803hrs, 1824hrs, 1844hrs, 1905hrs
- Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Blk 604) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0638hrs, 0706hrs, 0724hrs, 0743hrs, 0800hrs, 0823hrs, 0840hrs
Sat & PH Eve: 0638hrs, 0705hrs, 0727hrs
Short Trip Services:
- Service 138A: Ang Mo Kio Int → Mandai Lake Road (Singapore Zoo)
Saturdays: 0822hrs – 1215hrs | 13 – 32 min frequency
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0813hrs – 1232hrs | 13 – 32 min frequency
- Service 138B: Ang Mo Kio Int → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Opp Blk 604)
Weekdays, 1828hrs – 2053hrs | 14 – 24 min frequency
- 1994 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1994 (26 Apr): Introduced by SBS between Yio Chu Kang Ter and Singapore Zoological Gardens, with Service 171 skipping Mandai Lake Road.
- 1994 (01 Oct): Extended to Ang Mo Kio Int via Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8.
- 2002 (24 Mar): Enhanced to ply along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, 6 & 5, instead of along Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 & 5, to cover the deleted sectors of Service 269 when AMK Temp Int opened.
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (26 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (01 Dec): Introduction of Shortworking trip 138A during Weekend/PH mornings
- 2015 (19 Oct): Introduction of Shortworking trip 138B during Weekday evenings
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- Refer to this article
- 2002: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2002.