- This event has passed.
Seletar Bus Depot Carnival
27 January 2018 @ 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM UTC+8
The Seletar Bus Depot Carnival will be held on Saturday, 27 January 2018.
SBS Transit is the successful tenderer of the Seletar Bus Package, the third route package under the Bus Contracting Model (BCM). It will operate 26 bus routes from Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange, Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange, and Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange from the first half of 2018, among which 11 bus routes are presently operated by SMRT Buses.
The Depot is located at Yio Chu Kang Crescent, within walking distance from Lentor Avenue. Two-way shuttle buses will be operated to Yio Chu Kang Interchange, Ang Mo Kio and Yishun Bus Interchanges at 10-minute frequencies. No parking facilities are available at Seletar Bus Depot.
Activities include a ride through the bus wash, food and drinks, and games.
Static buses on display include:
- Volvo B8L (SG4003D)
- MAN Lion’s City DD L 3-door (SG5999Z)
- MAN Lion’s City DD, Automatic Ramp (SG5835M)
- Mercedes Benz O530 Citaro (SG1217Z)
- Volvo B9TL (SG5509E) – Demonstrating bus lifting system (no entry to public)
The Guest of Honour is Mr Khaw Boon Wan, Coordinating Minister for Infrastructure and Minister for Transport.
Shuttle Bus Details:
- Seletar Bus Depot ↔ Yio Chu Kang Interchange (Berth 1)
- Seletar Bus Depot ↔ Ang Mo Kio Interchange (Berth 6)
- Seletar Bus Depot ↔ Yishun Interchange (Berth 1)
Buses towards Seletar Depot depart from 8:00am to 2:30pm.
Return trips towards the heartlands depart from 9:30am to 4:30pm.