SBS Transit Premium 561 was a Premium service operated by SBS Transit from Upper Aljunied Road to Fullerton Road. The route passed through MacPherson Road, CTE and Cecil Street, operating one trip in the morning.
Premium 561 was withdrawn on 14 Nov 2016. The last day of operations was on 11 Nov 2016.
|Route||Upper Aljunied Road (Bef Joo Seng Rd) → Fullerton Road (Fullerton Sq)|
|Passes Through||MacPherson Rd, CTE , Cecil St|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB|
|Shifts||Weekdays: 1AM (1 bus)|
|Departure Times from T1||0800 – 0800 (Weekdays)|
Premium 561 serves the public housing estates of Joo Seng and private estates around MacPherson Road with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It provides a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT or other bus routes to reach the city. From Upper Aljunied Road, SBS Transit Service 100 also provides bus connections to the CBD areas.
One trip is operated in the mornings, departing Upper Aljunied Road (Bef Joo Seng Rd) at 8:00am on weekdays. Demand is moderate to low due to its limited catchment area, proximity to the City and availability of alternative bus routes, notably Bus Service 100.
This service will be withdrawn effective 14 Nov 2016. The last day of operations was on 11 Nov 2016.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.00. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Fleet: Premium 561 operates on a Scania K230UB, running under crossover trips from Service 26.
|Boarding Stops at Aljunied
||Alighting Stops at CBD
- 2008 (30 Jun): Introduced as a Premium Service from Upper Aljunied Road → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (previously Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare revised to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.00
- 2016 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (14 Nov): Route withdrawn. Last day of operations on 11 Nov 2016.
- 30 Jun 2008 – 11 Nov 2016: SBS Transit Ltd