SBS Transit Bus Service 154 is a trunk service plying between Boon Lay Interchange and Eunos Interchange, passing through Lakeside, Yuan Ching, Ayer Rajah Expressway, Clementi MRT, Clementi Road, Bukit Timah, Jalan Toa Payoh (PIE), MacPherson Road, MacPherson Estate and Paya Lebar.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 154: Boon Lay ↔ Eunos
Towards Boon Lay
||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↔ Eunos Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Lakeside, Yuan Ching, AYE, Clementi MRT, Clementi Rd, Bukit Timah, Whitley, Jalan Toa Payoh (PIE), MacPherson Rd, MacPherson Estate, Paya Lebar|
|Route Length||31.8 km (D1) | 33.8 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||110 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)
Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0530 – 0020 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 0020 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from Eunos
||0500 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0530 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 05 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 06 – 16 mins
After 1900: 09 – 19 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 14 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 12 mins
After 1900: 11 – 15 mins
Service 154 is a major trunk route serving both residential estates and many schools between Boon Lay and Eunos, passing through Lakeside, Clementi, Bukit Timah, Toa Payoh, MacPherson and Eunos. The service provides bus connections to many institutions along the Bukit Timah and Clementi Road academic belt, as well as serving residents of Yuan Ching and MacPherson estates to nearby MRT stations. A large portion of its route runs alongside Service 151.
Demand for this service is very strong during the peak hours with student demand in addition to workers commuting between Eunos/Paya Lebar and the industrial estates near MacPherson Road. It is one of three bus routes providing the exceedingly high-demand sector between Clementi MRT and SIM/Ngee Ann Poly. During offpeak hours, demand remains moderate to high. It is also one of the few trunk routes to start as early as 5am (alongside Service 10 and 119). A large portion of its route runs alongside Service 151.
MRT Stations Served:
- Paya Lebar
- Boon Lay
- Botanic Gardens
- King Albert Park
- Sixth Avenue
- Tan Kah Kee
- Commonwealth Ave West (Blk 410) → Boon Lay Int
- Yung Ho Road (Blk 151) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 0617hrs, 0630hrs, 0638hrs, 0642hrs, 0653hrs, 0659hrs, 0719hrs, 0724hrs, 0737hrs, 0759hrs, 0832hrs, 0842hrs, 0913hrs, 0946hrs, 1023hrs, 1453hrs, 1528hrs, 1635hrs
- Circuit Road (ITE MacPherson Campus 1) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 0535hrs, 0557hrs, 0614hrs, 0633hrs, 1612hrs
- Jln Ahmad Ibrahim (Aft Corporation Pl) → Eunos Int
- Service 154A: Yung Ho Rd (Blk 151) → Boon Lay Way (Lakeside Station)
Weekdays AM Peak, 0600 – 0845
- Service 154B: Commonwealth Ave West (Clementi Stn) → Clementi Road (Ngee Ann Poly)
Weekdays AM Peak, 0645 – 0920
Fleet: See above.
Diagrams & Posters:
- 1970s – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between MacPherson Est and International Rd (Jurong Industrial Estate).
- 1978 (01 Jun): Amended to Jurong Int
- 1988 (23 Oct): Diverted from Clementi Road to Commonwealth Avenue West and Clementi Avenue 6
- 1990 (01 July): Extended to Boon Lay Int and Eunos Int.
- 2006 (18 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (04 Sep): No longer calls at the bus stop after Moonstone Lane along Serangoon Rd due to the closure of Whampoa North.
- 2011 (26 Jun): Amended to Lor Bengkok due to the temporary closure of Circuit Link for Downtown Line construction works
- 2011 (26 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (19 Nov): Relaunch of shortworking trip 154A on weekday mornings.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2016 (16 Oct): Reinstated to ply Circuit Link instead of Lor Bengkok.
- Refer to this article
- 1990: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1990.