Go-Ahead Bus Service 17 is a residential service between Pasir Ris Bus Interchange and Bedok Bus Interchange, passing through Tampines, Simei and Bedok North. A shortworking-trip variant Bus Service 17A runs between Bedok Bus Interchange and Bedok North Depot.
Go-Ahead Bus Service 17 will call at a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
|Bus Service 17: Pasir Ris ↔ Bedok|
Towards Pasir Ris
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris Drive 4, Tampines Avenue 2 and 7, Simei Avenue, Bedok North Avenue 4, Bedok North Road|
|Route Length||12.6 km (D1) | 12.4 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
||0545hrs – 0020hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Bedok||0530hrs – 0030hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 08 – 11 mins
0830hrs – 1600hrs: 10 – 12 mins
1600hrs – 1900hrs: 10 – 11 mins
After 1900hrs: 11 – 15 mins
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 05 – 11 mins
0830hrs – 1600hrs: 05 – 12 mins
1600hrs – 1900hrs: 05 – 12 mins
After 1900hrs: 05 – 12 mins
Introduced in 1993, Service 17 is a residential route connecting Pasir Ris, Tampines and Bedok. It also serves housing blocks around Bedok North Road and industrial buildings around Bedok North Avenue 4 with connections to Bedok Town Centre. In Pasir Ris, this route compliments Townlink 358 for Pasir Ris Drive 4. It is the also the only route serving within Bedok Industrial Park.
Formerly a loop service under SBS Transit (looping at Bedok Int), buses would proceed to the boarding berth after alighting passengers, which eliminated rest time at Bedok and allowed buses to return to Pasir Ris more quickly. When the route was handed over to Go-Ahead from 18 Sep 2016 onwards, Service 17 was re-designated as a bi-directional service.
As part of the DTL3 Bus Service Enhancements, Service 17 calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 2, at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
Supplementary Service 17A
On 16 Nov 2014, existing Shortworking Trip 17A (Bedok North Depot ↺ Bedok Interchange) was converted from a peak-hour service into a full-day service under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), with additional BSEP buses supplemented but no change in route.
However, when Service 17 was handed over to Go-Ahead from 18 Sep 2016 onwards, Service 17A was re-designated as a shortworking trip (Bedok Interchange → Bedok North Depot). In practice, however, there is no change in service levels. From Bedok North Avenue 4 → Bedok Int, buses will operate as Service 17.
- Bedok North Avenue 4 (Opp SBST Bedok Bus Pk) → Bedok Int
Reverse route of Service 17A. Operates daily and throughout Service 17’s operating hours.
- Service 17A: Bedok Interchange → Bedok North Ave 4 (SBST Bedok Bus Park)
MRT Stations Served by this route:
- 1993 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1993: Introduced between Pasir Ris Int and Bedok Int
- 2003: Converted to loop at Bedok Interchange
- 2011 (19 Nov): Loops at Bedok Temp Int
- 2014 (Mar): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial.
- 2014 (16 Nov): Amendment of Shortworking Trip 17A under Bus Service Enhancement Programme
- 2014 (30 Nov): Loops at the new Bedok Int
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station.
- Refer to this article
- No significant route changes since 1993.
External Links and References: