SBS Transit Bus Service 400 is a trunk route serving the Marina Bay area, running from Shenton Way Terminal and looping at Marina Gardens Drive, via Marina Blvd. It is a vital bus service link between Marina Bay MRT Station and Marina Barrage.
Bus Service 400 will be amended to serve the relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal from 25 Jun 2017.
|Bus Service 400: Shenton Way ↺ Marina Gardens Drive
|From Shenton Way
||Looping at Marina Gdns Dr
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal
||Shenton Way Bus Terminal ↺ Marina Gardens Drive (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Cecil Street, Marina Blvd, Central Blvd|
|Route Length||8.1 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bukit Merah Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||0700 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 15 mins
0831 – 1659: 18 – 20 mins
1700 – 1900: 14 – 15 mins
After 1900: 19 – 20 mins
Service 400 serves the Marina South area with connections to Marina Bay MRT and Shenton Way. Before the mass redevelopment of Marina South, much of the area was a park and Service 400 provided the bus connections needed. In recent years, the construction of the Circle Line Extension and Downtown Line have diminished the role of Service 400 as a crucial connecting route in the Marina South area; however it still receives demand from shuttling passengers between Tanjong Pagar, Downtown and Marina Bay MRT stations to the Marina Barrage and Gardens by the Bay (Bay South).
Formerly designated as a Parks service in 2005 (serving Marina City Park and Marina Padang), it was reverted back to a normal trunk route in 2009.
During festive occasions like National Day and New Year’s Eve, the Marina South area is a popular place for fireworks viewing and celebrations. Buses will be added to cope with the large increase in passenger demand.
MRT Stations Served:
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2018 under the Bukit Merah Bus Package
- 1989 (30 Jul): Introduced as Shenton Way – Marina Mall (Loop), operating on Sundays and Public Holidays from 1400hrs-2300hrs.
- 2005 (14 Nov): Designated as Parks Services
- 2009 (15 Mar): Reverted back to trunk service.
- 2009 (19 Jul): Amended to Marina Gardens Dr (Marina Barrage), no longer serves Marina Grove, Marina Place & Marina Way.
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (24 Jun): Amended to serve the new Marina Gardens Dr (along Gardens by the Bay) instead of Marina Mall.
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments to ply:
- Forward journey via Marina Stn Rd, Central Blvd, Marina Way, Marina Blvd, Marina Gdns Dr
- Return journey via Central Blvd, Marina St, Marina Stn Rd, Central Blvd and Shenton Way
- Existing bus stops along Marina Pl, Marina St and Marina Stn Rd abolished
- Calls at new bus stops along its new route
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: [Link]
- Forward journey towards Marina Barrage amended to Cecil St & Marina Blvd, omitting Maxwell Rd and calling at 4 additional bus stops
- Return journey via Central Blvd, new stop outside Marina Bay Stn. Existing stop along Marina St abolished.
- Skips 03222 Hub Synergy Pt along Anson Rd, and serves 03223 Intl Plaza instead
- 2017 (25 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal.
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.