SMRT Bus Service 825 and Premium Service 529 are both Lentor Estate shuttle services between Yio Chu Kang Int and the private estates around Lentor. Both services ply the same route, but operate at different times. They are operated by SMRT’s charter subsidary Busplus.
Premium Bus Service 529 was withdrawn on 31 Dec 2016. The last day of operations was on 30 Dec 2016.
|Service||SMRT Bus Service 825||SMRT Premium Bus Service 529|
|Route||Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Lentor Loop|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6|
|Route Length||5.7 km|
|Travelling Time||22 mins|
|BCM Route Package
||Sembawang – Yishun Bus Package (Bus Service 825)|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd (Using Bus Plus buses)|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Mitsubishi Fuso Rosa|
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang
Weekdays: 0630 – 2045
Saturdays: 0630 – 1425
Saturday: 1500 – 2000
|Frequency||Loop Service||Loop Service|
|0630-0830: 08 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 20 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 13 mins
After 1930: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 25 mins
1700-1930: 25 mins
After 1930: 25 mins
Premium 529 and SMRT Bus Service 825 both serve Lentor Estate residents with connections to Yio Chu Kang MRT, but charge different fares based on different operating hours. While 825 operates on regular weekdays and Saturday mornings, 529 operates on Saturday afternoons and charges higher fares.
Bus Service 825 will serve the upcoming Lentor Thomson-East Coast Line MRT Station.
Premium Bus Service 529 will be discontinued and withdrawn after 31 Dec 2016. The last day of operations for Premium 529 will be on 31 Dec 2016. Thereafter, there will not be any public bus service serving Lentor Estate on Saturday afternoons, after the regular operating hours of Bus Service 825.
- Service 825 charges basic fares. See Bus Fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
- Premium 529 charges a flat fare of $2.70 per ride.
|Bus Service 825 – Yio Chu Kang Int – Lentor Loop (Loop)|
MRT Stations served by this route:
- 1988 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2020 under the Sembawang-Yishun Bus Package.
- 1990s: Introduced between Springleaf Garden and Yio Chu Kang (loop)
- 1995: Amended to start from Yio Chu Kang Ter
- 1996/7: Shortened to Lentor Estate
- 2007 (12 Mar): Extended to ply Lentor Way and Lentor Vale
- 2009 (01 Jun): Premium 529 renumbered from the Lentor Estate service as a service between Yio Chu Kang Ter and Lentor Loop (loop), plying the same route of Service 825 during Saturday afternoons and evenings.
- ??: Fare revision for Premium 529 from $2.20 to $2.70
- 2016 (31 Dec): Last day of operations for Premium 529; service withdrawn after 31 Dec 2016.
- Refer to this article
- 2007: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2007.