SBS Transit Bus Service 92 is a trunk route from Ghim Moh and loops at Science Park Drive, going via North Buona Vista Road, Ghim Moh Road, Ulu Pandan Road and Mount Sinai Rise. It operates in a “double continuous loop” fashion, looping at Science Park before returning to Ghim Moh and heading to Mount Sinai Rise before looping back again and ending at Ghim Moh Ter.
This service operates on Weekdays and Saturdays only. On Sundays & Public Holidays, route variant Service 92M will operate between Ghim Moh, Mount Sinai, and Buona Vista MRT, omitting Science Park.
The operating hours for Bus Service 92, 92A & 92B has been changed from 19 December 2016.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 92: Ghim Moh ↺ Science Park Drive (Loop)
- Non-Terminating Service 92 buses at Mount Sinai will continue on to Science Park with a short layover at Ghim Moh Ter. Passengers may stay on-board the bus.
||Ghim Moh Bus Terminal ↺ Science Park Drive (Loop)|
|Passes Through||North Buona Vista Rd, Ghim Moh Rd, Ulu Pandan Rd, Mount Sinai Rise|
|Route Length||11.9 km|
|Travelling Time||65 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Ghim Moh
||0617 – 2035 (Weekdays)
0618 – 2036 (Saturdays / Eve of Christmas, New Year and Lunar New Year)
No Operation on Sundays & Public Holidays
|0630-0830: 07 – 18 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 05 – 12 mins
After 1900: 15 – 36 mins
|Notes||After 2035hrs on weekdays and 2036hrs on Saturdays, buses leaving Ghim Moh Terminal will be renumbered as 92B and terminate at Science Park Drive (Opp The Rutherford) instead of Ghim Moh Terminal.|
Service 92 serves Ghim Moh, Mount Sinai and Singapore Science Park I with bus connections to Buona Vista MRT. The continuous loop nature of the route means that passengers can get from Ulu Pandan to Buona Vista without changing buses; buses will swaps drivers at Ghim Moh Terminal and the bus continues its journey. Technically, commuters can stay onboard for as long as they wish, as the bus makes its rounds and commuters are not required to alight anywhere.
This route operates during Weekdays and Saturdays only. On Sundays & Public Holidays, route variant Service 92M will operate between Ghim Moh and Mount Sinai, omitting Science Park.
From 2035hrs on Weekdays and 2036hrs on Saturdays, buses leaving Ghim Moh Ter will terminate at Science Park Dr (Opp The Rutherford). On the eves of Christmas, New Year and Lunar New Year, the operating hours are the same as that for Saturdays If it falls on a Sunday, there will be no operation.
This service operates two shortworking trips, 92A & 92B, to cater to heavy demand between Singapore Science Park I and Buona Vista MRT station.
Changes in Operating Hours
The operating hours for Bus Service 92, 92A and 92B were changed from 19 December 2016.
|Bus Service||Former Operating Hours||New Operating Hours from 19 Dec 2016|
|92||0617 – 2016 (Weekdays)
0618 – 1950 (Saturdays)
|0617 – 2035 (Weekdays)
0618 – 2036 (Saturdays)
|92A||1740 – 2004 (Weekdays)||1717 – 1943 (Weekdays)|
|92B||0632 – 2034 (Weekdays)
0853 – 2033 (Saturdays)
|0637 – 2120 (Weekdays)
0926 – 2123 (Saturdays)
MRT Stations Served:
- North Buona Vista Rd (Buona Vista Stn) → Ghim Moh Ter via Ulu Pandan Rd
- Service 92M: Ghim Moh Ter ↺ North Buona Vista Rd (Loop)
Sundays & PHs only
- Service 92A: Ghim Moh Ter → Ghim Moh Rd (Blk 13)
Weekdays: 1717 – 1943
- Service 92B: Ghim Moh Ter → Science Park Dr (Opp The Rutherford)
Weekdays: 0637 – 2120
Saturdays: 0926 – 2123
Fleet: Service 92 operates a full fleet of Mercedes-Benz Citaros.
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 1989: Introduced as Service M1, North Buona Vista – Mt Sinai Dr (Loop)
- 1997 (Dec): Renumbered Service 92 as Science Park Dr – Mount Sinai Dr (Loop).
- 1998: Extended to start from Ghim Moh Ter and loop at Science Park Dr
- 2007 (26 Nov): Introduction of shortworking trip 92B
- 2014 (28 Sep): Extended to loop at Normanton Park; calls at three new bus stops along Science Park Drive
- 2014 (29 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (30 Aug): Route variant 92M introduced, operating on Sundays & PHs
- 2016 (19 Dec): Operating hours for Services 92, 92A & 92B changed.
- Refer to this article
- 1998: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1998.
External Links & References: