Shuttle 11, also known as the Aljunied—MacPherson Shuttle Bus Service, is an ad-hoc unidirectional route connecting Aljunied with MacPherson stations with no intermediate stops.
The route will operate on selected Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in January 2018 and 2, 3 & 4 February 2018, when shortened operating hours are implemented across sections of the EWL to facilitate more time for track maintenance and renewal work.
The Shuttle Bus Service serves just two MRT Stations:
|Shuttle 11: Aljunied—MacPherson Shuttle Bus Service|
|Direction 1 – Towards MacPherson
||Aljunied MRT → MacPherson MRT
|Travelling Time||10 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Not Applicable|
|Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Aljunied
||2300hrs – 0004hrs (Early Closure on Affected Fridays & Saturdays)
0609hrs – 0801hrs (Late Opening on Affected Saturdays)
0637hrs – 0801hrs (Late Opening on Affected Sundays)
0637hrs – 0004hrs (Full Line Closure on Affected Sundays)
|Peak Hours: 03 – 05 mins
Off Peak Hours: 05 – 10 mins
The Shuttle Bus Service will only operate on affected days in January & February 2018. These Days are: 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27 & 28 January 2018, 2, 3 & 4 February 2018.
- On days of Early Closure (5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 & 27 Jan, 2 & 3 Feb), buses will operate from the start time of the early closure till the stipulated last bus timings.
- On days of Late Opening (6, 7, 13, 14, 20 & 27 Jan, 3 & 4 Feb), buses will operate from the stipulated first bus timings till the start time of normal train operations.
- The Shuttle Buses will operate for the entire day on Full Closure days (21 & 28 January).
This service was reflected as Bus Service 494 on the Bus Ticketing System.
Shuttle Bus Departure Timings from Stations
Shuttle Bus Transfer
- Not Applicable
History of Activation
Extended to operate on 2, 3 & 4 February due to additional days of shortened operating hours on the East West Line.
To speed up implementation of the new CBTC signalling system, shortened operating hours on the East West Line between Aljunied—Pasir Ris, as well as reduced train frequencies on the North South Line between Orchard—Marina South Pier, were implemented across various Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in January 2018. A total of 11 EWL stations were affected by the reduced train operating hours.
Shuttle 11 was introduced to provide commuters with faster connectivity from Aljunied MRT station to MacPherson MRT station, where commuters can change for the Circle Line and the Downtown Line. However, passengers are advised to check train services timings, as the shuttle bus service may not connect to the last train departing the station.First / Last Train Timings from MacPherson Station (Click to expand)
First / Last Train Timings
|Circle Line – CC10 MacPherson
|Destination||First Train||Last Train|
|CC1 Dhoby Ghaut||5:37am||6:04am||11:46pm|
|CC26 Pasir Panjang||–||–||11:36pm|
|CC11 Tai Seng||–||–||12:28am|
|Downtown Line – DT26 MacPherson
|Destination||First Train||Last Train|
|DT1 Bukit Panjang||5:56am||6:14am||12:00am|
Other Rail Replacement Services
The route is one of four Shuttle Bus Services operating during periods of planned closure in January 2018, the other routes being:
- Shuttle 7: Aljunied ↔ Pasir Ris
- Shuttle 8: Tanah Merah ↔ Changi Airport
- Express 12: Changi Airport ↔ Bugis
Charges regular distance fare based on the distance between MRT Stations by rail. Train, bus and hybrid concession passes are accepted, and distance fare rules apply.
|Category||Card Fares||Cash Fares||Concession Passes|
|Adult / Workfare Transport Concession Card holders||Follows MRT Fare structure||$1.00||Train, bus and hybrid concession passes accepted|
|Senior Citizen / Persons with Disabilities Card holders||$0.50|
|Student Concession Card holders||$0.50|
- 2018 (01 Jan): Route announced by SMRT Corporation
- 2018 (05 Jan): Launched as a Shuttle Bus Service from Aljunied to MacPherson, operating during periods of MRT closure
- 2018 (19 Jan): Extended to operate on 2, 3 & 4 February due to additional days of shortened operating hours on the East West Line
Also check out:
- Shortened Operating Hours on the East West Line (Jan 2018)
- Reduced Train Frequencies on North South Line (Jan 2018)
External Links & References: