SBS Transit Bus Service 124 is a trunk route between St Michael’s Ter and HarbourFront Int, passing through Moulmein, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay, Outram Park, Telok Blangah Way and Telok Blangah Heights.
Bus Service 124 will temporarily skip Bus Stop 40189 – Newton Stn Exit B, Scotts Road to facilitate upgrading from 8 Jan 2023.
- Bus Service 124 towards both Harbourfront and Saint Michael’s duplicates along Whampoa Road & Jalan Bahagia. Check the bus destination before boarding.
– Buses displaying the Red 124 Plate head towards HarbourFront.
– Buses displaying the White 124 Plate head towards Saint Michael’s.
|Route||St. Michael’s Bus Terminal ↔ HarbourFront Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Jln Bahagia, Moulmein Rd, Scotts Rd, Orchard Rd / Orchard Blvd, Nth Bridge Rd / Eu Tong Sen St, Kg Bahru Rd, Telok Blangah Way, Telok Blangah Heights|
|Route Length||Towards HarbourFront: 18.5 km||Towards St. Michael’s: 17.6 km|
|Travelling Time||60 – 85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan–Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from St. Michael’s||Daily|
|05:30 – 00:00|
|Departure Times from HarbourFront||Daily|
|05:30 – 00:00|
|From St. Michael’s
|Mondays–Thursdays||7 – 8 mins||9 – 13 mins||8 – 10 mins||10 – 12 mins|
|Fridays||7 – 9 mins||9 – 13 mins||8 – 10 mins||9 – 14 mins|
|Saturdays||9 – 10 mins||9 – 13 mins||11 – 13 mins||11 – 12 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||9 – 11 mins||10 – 13 mins||12 – 13 mins||11 – 13 mins|
|Mondays–Thursdays||7 – 8 mins||8 – 13 mins||9 mins||10 – 13 mins|
|Fridays||8 – 9 mins||8 – 13 mins||8 – 10 mins||9 – 13 mins|
|Saturdays||9 – 10 mins||9 – 12 mins||11 – 12 mins||11 – 12 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||11 – 12 mins||10 – 12 mins||10 – 13 mins||11 – 13 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 124 primarily serves the residents of St. Michael’s Estate, Telok Blangah Heights and Telok Blangah Way with bus connections to the City areas of Novena, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. As large proportions of its route serves the City areas, this route also offers various point to point connections within the City.
This service serves several bus stops in St. Michael’s Estate both times in a different directions, i.e. towards HarbourFront Int and towards St. Michael’s Ter. Red and white service plates are used to distinguish the direction of travel in addition to Electronic Display Signages (EDS) on buses. Red plate indicates buses for HarbourFront; white plate indicates buses for St. Michael’s Ter.
Formerly a loop service, 124 was extended to HarbourFront Interchange in 2013 to improve transport connectivity for residents of Telok Blangah Heights.
MRT Stations Served
- NS21–DT11 Newton
- NS22TE14 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- CC2 Bras Basah
- DT21 Bencoolen
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- EW16NE3TE17 Outram Park
- NE1CC29 HarbourFront
- Telok Blangah Hts (Blk 59) → HarbourFront Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 05:45, 05:55 & 06:05
Sundays / Public Holidays: 06:00 & 06:08
- Telok Blangah Dr (Aft Blk 48) → St. Michael’s Ter
- 11 Apr 1971 – 05 Dec 1971: Singapore Traction Company
- 06 Dec 1971 – 1973: Amalgamated Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Jln Aman Ter and Kg Bahru Rd Ter under 1971 Bus Reorganisation
- 1971 (06 Dec): Operations transferred to Amalgamated Bus Company
- 1974 (24 Feb): Amended to ply Grange Rd and Orchard Blvd with the conversion of Orchard Rd to one-way traffic, skipping Orchard Rd
- 1976 (18 Jul): Extended to loop at Telok Blangah Rise
- 1985 (26 May): Amended to Whampoa Rd Ter
- 1986 (16 Nov): Serves new staggered bus stop outside Thong Teck Bldg along Scotts Rd, skipping the bus stop outside Metro Orchard
- 1987 (27 Sep): Amended to ply the extended Eu Tong Sen St towards St. Michael’s Ter to facilitate the first stage of road expansion along New Bridge Rd
- 1987 (01 Nov): Amended to ply Eu Tong Sen St towards St. Michael’s Ter to facilitate the second stage of road expansion along New Bridge Rd
- 1987 (13 Dec): Serves new staggered bus stop outside Orchard Stn along Orchard Blvd, skipping the bus stop opposite Orchard Stn
- 1988 (20 Mar): Amended to ply Upp Cross St and New Bridge Rd, skipping Neil Rd
- 1992: Amended to ply Orchard Link, skipping Grange Rd
- 1993 (04 Apr): Amended to ply Balestier Rd, Moulmein Rd, Newton Rd and Scotts Rd and extended to Bt Merah Int under TransitLink Network Integration Exercise Phase 12
- 1994: Serves additional bus stop outside Balestier Twrs along Balestier Rd
- 1995: Amended to ply Orchard Turn
- 1997 (07 Dec): Amended to ply South Bridge Rd, Neil Rd and Cantonment Rd with the partial closure of New Bridge Rd to facilitate the construction of Chinatown MRT station on the North East MRT Line
- 2002 (20 Apr): Amended to ply Upp Cross St and the reinstated New Bridge Rd, skipping South Bridge Rd, Neil Rd and Cantonment Rd
- 2002 (07 Jul): Skips the bus stop outside Orchard Emerald along Orchard Rd
- 2003 (23 Nov): Amended to loop at Telok Blangah Dr
- 2005 (02 Jul): Amended to ply Grange Rd and Orchard Link with the partial closure of Somerset Rd
- 2005 (09 Oct): Serves additional bus stop outside Clarke Quay Stn along Eu Tong Sen St
- 2006 (29 Oct): Serves relocated bus stop outside Orchard Stn along Orchard Turn
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (21 Apr): Extended to HarbourFront Int and amended to ply Telok Blangah Heights, express sectors along Telok Blangah St 31 and Telok Blangah Dr, skipping Telok Blangah St 32. Shortworking trip 124A withdrawn.
- 2013 (29 Dec): Serves new bus stop outside Outram Pk Stn along New Bridge Rd
- 2017 (26 Nov): Serves the bus stop after Hospital Dr along Eu Tong Sen St, skipping abolished bus stop before Hospital Dr along Kg Bahru Rd
- 2017 (10 Dec): Serves new pair of bus stops outside Blk 92B and opposite Blk 91A along Telok Blangah St 31
- 2023 (08 Jan): Temporarily skips the bus stop outside Newton Stn Exit B along Scotts Rd due to upgrading works
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
One thought on “SBS Transit Bus Service 124”
I use Revival Ctr Ch. The problem I face is that the bus comes either too late or too early. the late bus comes at 1.39 pm and the early one comes before 1.27 when nearly nobody is at the bus stop. Please increase the bus frequency.