SBS Transit Bus Service 124 is a trunk route between St Michael’s Ter and HarbourFront Int, passing through Moulmein, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay, Outram Park, Telok Blangah Way and Telok Blangah Heights.
- Bus Service 124 towards both Harbourfront and Saint Michael’s duplicates along Whampoa Road & Jalan Bahagia. Check the bus destination before boarding.
– Buses displaying the Red 124 Plate head towards HarbourFront.
– Buses displaying the White 124 Plate head towards Saint Michael’s.
||Saint Michael’s Bus Terminal ↔ HarbourFront Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Moulmein, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Chinatown, Kampong Bahru Rd, Telok Blangah Way, Telok Blangah Heights|
|Route Length||18.6km (D1) | 17.6km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||60 – 85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Scania K230UB
– MAN A22 (Euro 6)
|Departure Times from Saint Michael’s
||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from HarbourFront||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 06 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 10 mins
1700-1900: 06 – 08 mins
After 1900: 06 – 10 mins
|0630-0830: 05 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 10 mins
1700-1900: 05 – 09 mins
After 1900: 07 – 11 mins
Service 124 primarily serves the residents of St. Michael’s Estate, Telok Blangah Heights and Telok Blangah Way with bus connections to the City areas of Novena, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. As large proportions of its route serves the City areas, this route also offers various point to point connections within the City.
This service serves several bus stops in St. Michael’s Estate both times in a different directions, i.e. towards HarbourFront Int and towards St. Michael’s Ter. Red and white service plates are used to distinguish the direction of travel in addition to Electronic Display Signages (EDS) on buses. Red plate indicates buses for HarbourFront; white plate indicates buses for St. Michael’s Ter.
Formerly a loop service, 124 was extended to HarbourFront Interchange in 2013 to improve transport connectivity for residents of Telok Blangah Heights.
MRT Stations Served
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- NS21DT11 Newton
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- NE1CC29 Harbourfront
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- CC2 Bras Basah
- DT21 Bencoolen
- Telok Blangah Hts (Blk 59) → HarbourFront Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0555hrs & 0605hrs
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0600hrs & 0608hrs
- Telok Blangah Dr (Aft Blk 48) → St. Michael’s Ter
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1971 – 1973: Amalgamated Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between St. Michael’s Est and Kampong Bahru Rd/Keppel Rd, operated by Amalgamated Bus Company
- 1976: Extended to loop at Telok Blangah Rise
- 1985: Amended to St. Michael’s Ter
- 1993 (04 Apr): Amended to ply Moulmein Rd, Newton Rd and extended to Bukit Merah Interchange via Henderson Rd with the amendment of Service 123.
- 2003 (23 Nov): Amended to loop at Telok Blangah Dr
- 2006 (29 Oct): Calls at Orchard Stn bus stop along Orchard Turn instead of Orchard Blvd
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (21 Apr): Extended to HarbourFront Interchange, no longer calls at Telok Blangah Street 32. Converted from loop service to bidirectional routing. Shortworking trip 124A and morning special departures from Telok Blangah Heights (Blk 50) withdrawn on the same day.
- 2017 (26 Nov): Calls at B/S 10018 Aft Hosp Dr, Eu Tong Sen St instead of B/S 10039 Bef Hosp Dr, Kg Bahru Rd due to B/S Removal
- 2017 (10 Dec): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Telok Blangah St 31
- Refer to this article
- 2013: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2013.