The route operates from Saint Michael’s Bus Terminal and ends at Shenton Way (Opp AXA Twr), operating during the Weekday morning peak hours.
Service 131A was amended to ply Esplanade Dr instead of Connaught Dr from 26 Dec 2021.
→ Opp AXA Twr
|Route||Saint Michael’s Bus Terminal → Shenton Way (Opp AXA Twr)|
|Passes Through||Jln Bahagia, Balestier Rd, Thomson Rd, Dorset Rd, Bencoolen St|
|Route Length||11.3 km|
|Traveling Time||53 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bukit Merah Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ulu Pandan Bus Depot (UPDEP)
Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from St. Michael’s
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|06:50 – 07:21|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Short Trip Service 131A is a trunk service operating from Saint Michael’s Bus Terminal and ends at Shenton Way (Opp AXA Twr).
As a Short-Trip Service, the route operates during weekday morning peak hours, and supplements the high demand for Service 131 between St. Michael’s, Novena, Pek Kio, Rochor, Bras Basah, Collyer Quay and Shenton Way.
- From Saint Michael’s Terminal:
Weekdays: 06:50, 07:06 & 07:21
MRT Stations Served:
- NS20 Novena
- NE7DT12 Little India
- DT13 Rochor
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC2 Bras Basah
- CC3 Esplanade
- EW14NS26 Raffles Place
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- 2002 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bukit Merah Bus Package.
- 2002: Introduced from St. Michael’s Ter to Shenton Way (Opp Temasek Twr)
- 2011 (16 Oct): Amended to ply Middle Rd, Selegie Rd, Prinsep St and Bras Basah Rd with the partial closure of Bencoolen St to facilitate the construction of Bencoolen MRT station on the Downtown MRT Line
- 2016 (11 Dec): Amended to ply the reinstated Bencoolen St, skipping Middle Rd, Selegie Rd, Prinsep St and Bras Basah Rd
- 2021 (26 Dec): Amended to ply Esplanade Dr due to closure of Connaught Dr to all vehicles