SBS Transit Bus Service 155 is a trunk route between from Toa Payoh and Bedok, going via Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, Braddell Road, Upper Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East Central, Eunos, Telok Kurau, East Coast Road, Siglap Road and Bedok South Avenue 1.
Service 155 serves a new pair of bus stops along Bedok North St 1 from 12 Dec 2021.
- Bus Service 155 towards both Bedok and Toa Payoh duplicates along Merpati Road, Circuit Road, Pipit Road & Mattar Road.
Check the bus destination before boarding.
– Buses displaying the Red 155 Plate head towards Bedok
– Buses displaying the White 155 Plate head towards Toa Payoh
|Route||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Lor 4 Toa Payoh, Braddell Rd, Upp Aljunied Rd, Circuit Rd, Geylang East Ctrl, Sims Ave / Changi Rd, East Coast Rd, Bedok Sth Ave 1|
|Route Length||Towards Bedok: 21.2 km||Towards Toa Payoh: 22.0 km|
|Travelling Time||64 – 84 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan–Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Toa Payoh
|06:00 – 00:00|
|Departure Times from Bedok
|05:40 – 23:30|
|From Toa Payoh
|Weekdays||10 – 15 mins||9 – 16 mins||15 – 17 mins||14 – 17 mins|
|Saturdays||11 – 14 mins||13 – 17 mins||17 – 18 mins||16 – 17 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||14 – 16 mins||13 – 18 mins||17 mins||14 – 16 mins|
|Weekdays||10 – 13 mins||9 – 18 mins||9 – 15 mins||15 – 18 mins|
|Saturdays||11 – 15 mins||12 – 18 mins||17 mins||14 – 17 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||13 – 16 mins||15 – 18 mins||14 – 17 mins||14 – 17 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 155 serves as a residential route between Toa Payoh, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East, Telok Kurau and East Coast. It is also the only service to make a complete loop within MacPherson Estate and emerge on Aljunied Road in both directions.
Red and white plates are used to help commuters boarding from Merpati Road, Circuit Road. Pipit Road and Mattar Road, as buses in both directions (towards Bedok and towards Toa Payoh) call at the same bus stops. Apart from the destination display of the bus before boarding, commuters can check the service plate colour displayed on the windscreen. Red Plate buses head towards Bedok while White Plate buses head towards Toa Payoh.
As an inter-town service providing unique connections, demand is moderate to low throughout the day, with increased demand during the peak hours.
Formerly looping at Siglap Road from Toa Payoh, Service 155 was extended to Bedok in April 2017
MRT Stations Served
- Upper Serangoon Road (Aft Bartley Rd) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 05:37, 05:51 & 06:05
Saturdays: 05:38, 05:50 & 06:02
- Merpati Road (Aft Jln Anggerek) → Bedok Int
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:55 & 06:08
- Merpati Road (Aft Jln Anggerek) → Toa Payoh Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 05:45, 05:57 & 06:09
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Kim Keat Ave Ter and Bedok Rd Ter under 1971 Bus Reorganisation
- 1971 (02 Aug): Amended to Toa Payoh Town Ctr Ter
- 1974 (03 Feb): Amended to Chai Chee Ter under 1974 Bus Rationalisation
- 1974 (01 Dec): Amended to Upp Changi Rd 13.3 km Ter
- 1975 (02 Mar): Amended to ply Sims Ave towards Upp Changi Rd 13.3 km Ter with the conversion of Geylang Rd to one-way traffic
- 1979: Relocated to Upp Changi Rd 15.5km Ter
- 1979 (14 Oct): Amended to ply Still Rd and Joo Chiat Pl towards Upp Changi Rd 15.5 km Ter with the conversion of Changi Rd to one-way traffic
- 1980 (15 Jun): Amended to Somapah Depot
- 1980 (28 Dec): Amended to ply Upp Changi Rd East, skipping Upp Changi Rd
- 1981 (28 Jun): Amended to Somapah Int
- 1983 (26 Dec): Amended to Toa Payoh Int
- 1986 (07 Dec): Serves new bus stop before Bedok South Ave 3 along Upp East Coast Rd
- 1989 (27 Aug): Shortened to Marine Parade Ter
- 1992 (03 May): Amended to ply Geylang East Central and Paya Lebar Rd under TransitLink Network Integration Exercise Phase 7
- 1993: Serves bus stop outside Eunos Stn along Sims Ave with the abolition of the bus stop after Eunos Cres
- 1998 (31 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Temp Int; Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Toa Payoh Swim Cplx along Lor 6 Toa Payoh
- 2001 (16 Sep): Amended to loop at Siglap Rd from Toa Payoh Int with the closure of Marine Parade Ter
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub
- 2003 (16 Mar): Amended to ply Eunos Rd 5 and Eunos Rd 8 with the partial closure of Paya Lebar Rd to facilitate the construction of Paya Lebar MRT station on the Circle MRT Line
- 2003: Serves new bus stop outside Victoria Sch along Marine Parade Rd
- 2009 (23 Aug): Amended to ply the reinstated Paya Lebar Rd, skipping Eunos Rd 5 and Eunos Rd 8
- 2011 (26 Jun): Serves new staggered bus stop outside Kong Hwa Sch along Circuit Rd, skipping the bus stop outside MacPherson Sec Sch
- 2014 (29 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (16 Oct): Amended to call at MacPherson Sec Sch, Circuit Rd instead of Kong Hwa Sch, Circuit Rd due to reopening of Circuit Link.
- 2017 (12 Mar): Amended to ply Upp Serangoon Rd and the diverted Upp Aljunied Rd
- 2017 (09 Apr): Extended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub
- 2019 (14 Apr): Serves a new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Blk 3 along Bedok South Ave 1
- 2021 (12 Dec): Serves a pair of new bus stops before and after Heartbeat @ Bedok along Bedok Nth St 1