SBS Transit Bus Service 155 is a trunk route between from Toa Payoh and Bedok, going via Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, Braddell Road, Upper Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East Central, Eunos, Telok Kurau, East Coast Road, Siglap Road and Bedok South Avenue 1.
- Commuters along Merpati Road, Circuit Road, Pipit Road & Mattar Road should check the bus destination and service number plate displayed on the front of the bus as buses from both directions will call at the same stops.
RED plated Service 155 buses are bound for Bedok, while
WHITE plated Service 155 buses are bound for Toa Payoh.
||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Braddell Rd, Upp Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East Ctrl, Eunos, Telok Kurau, East Coast Rd, Siglap Rd, Bedok South Ave 1|
|Route Length||21.2 km (D1) | 22.0km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||64 – 84 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Toa Payoh
||0600 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0540 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 10 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 15 – 17 mins
After 1900: 14 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 17 mins
After 1900: 16 – 17 mins
Service 155 serves as a residential route between Toa Payoh, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East, Telok Kurau and East Coast. It is also the only service to make a complete loop within MacPherson Estate and emerge on Aljunied Road in both directions.
Red and white plates are used to help commuters boarding from Merptai Road, Circuit Road. Pipit Road and Mattar Road, as buses in both directions (towards Bedok and towards Toa Payoh) call at the same bus stops. Apart from the destination display of the bus before boarding, commuters can check the service plate colour displayed on the windscreen. Red Plate buses head towards Bedok while White Plate buses head towards Toa Payoh.
As an inter-town service providing unique connections, demand is moderate to low throughout the day, with increased demand during the peak hours.
With the route amendment in Apr 2017, Bus Service 155 was extended to Bedok Bus Interchange. (See Route Amendments to Bus Services 25, 55 & 155)
MRT Stations Served
- Upper Serangoon Road (Aft Bartley Rd) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0537hrs, 0551hrs, 0605hrs
Saturdays: 0538hrs, 0550hrs, 0602hrs
- Merpati Road (Aft Jln Anggerek) → Bedok Int
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0555hrs, 0608hrs
- Merpati Road (Aft Jln Anggerek) → Toa Payoh Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0557hrs, 0609hrs
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Kim Keat Avenue (Toa Payoh) and Bedok Rd/Upp Changi Rd, operated by Associated Bus Services.
- 1971 (02 Aug): Amended to Toa Payoh Town Centre
- 1974 (03 Feb): Amended to Kg Chai Chee
- 1974 (01 Dec): Amended to Upp Changi Rd (13.3km), and later 15.5km
- 1980 (15 Jun): Amended to Somapah Ter at Upp Changi Rd East
- 1983 (26 Dec): Amended to Toa Payoh Int
- 1988 (23 Oct): Amended to ply between Marine Parade Ter and Toa Payoh Int
- 1992 (03 May): Amended to ply Paya Lebar Rd and Geylang East Central instead of Geylang Rd/Sims Ave and Aljunied Rd
- 2001 (16 Sep): Amended to loop at Siglap Link with the closure of Marine Parade Terminal.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (29 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2016 (16 Oct): Amended to call at MacPherson Sec Sch, Circuit Rd instead of Kong Hwa Sch, Circuit Rd due to reopening of Circuit Link.
- 2017 (12 Mar): Route Amendment due to realignment of Upp Aljunied Rd
- 2017 (09 Apr): Extended to Bedok Bus Interchange. Shortworking Trip 155A withdrawn.
- Refer to this article
- 2017: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2017.