The route operates from Bukit Batok Bus Interchange and ends at Bukit Batok Street 23 (Opp Midview Bldg), operating during the Weekday Morning Peak hours, as well as daily, after the last bus of Service 189 has departed. During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings of Service 189A will be extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
|Route||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange → Bukit Batok Street 23 (Opp Midview Bldg)|
|Passes Through||Bukit Batok East Ave 6|
|Route Length||2.9 km|
|Traveling Time||13 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore
(Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Yutong E12
|12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bukit Batok
||Weekdays||Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays
|07:03 – 08:59 & 23:30 – 01:10||23:30 – 01:10|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Short Trip Service 189A is a trunk service operating from Bukit Batok Bus Interchange and ends at Bukit Batok Street 23 (Opp Midview Bldg). The Short-Trip Service offers unidirectional trips from Bukit Batok to industrial areas around Bukit Batok Street 23 during the morning peak hours, as well as to residential estates within Bukit Batok town during the late night hours (after the last bus of Service 189 has departed), without having to operate full-distance trips of Service 189.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Bukit Batok MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by Tower Transit closer to these dates.
- From Bukit Batok Interchange:
Weekdays: 07:03, 07:16, 07:23, 07:29, 07:44, 07:51, 07:58, 08:12, 08:19, 08:26, 08:39, 08:46, 08:59
Daily: 23:30, 23:50, 00:10, 00:30, 00:50, 01:10
MRT Station Served:
- NS2 Bukit Batok
- 5 Jan 2009 – 28 May 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 May 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2009 (05 Jan): Introduced as a short-trip service from Bt Batok Int to Bt Batok St 23 (Opp Midview Bldg) during morning peak hours on weekdays
- 2011 (12 Jun): Extended to operate after the last bus of Service 189 daily
- 2016 (29 May): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
- 2019 (05 Oct): Last bus timing from Bukit Batok amended from 0100hrs to 0110hrs.