SBS Transit Bus Service 24 is a trunk route operating between Ang Mo Kio and Changi Airport, via Paya Lebar, Bedok and Upper Changi.
Alight at Changi Airport Terminal 1 for direct access to Jewel Changi Airport through the arrival hall.
↺ Changi Airport (Loop)
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Airport PTB2 Bus Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Upp Paya Lebar Rd, Paya Lebar Rd, New Upp Changi Rd, Changi Airport Terminals 3, 2, 1 & 4|
|Route Length||51.7 km|
|Travelling Time||170 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
|05:30 – 23:00|
|Departure Times from Changi Airport PTB2||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays
|05:50 – 00:15||06:10 – 00:12||06:09 – 00:11|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||8 – 9 mins||9 – 12 mins||7 – 12 mins||12 – 15 mins|
|Saturdays||8 – 10 mins||8 – 10 mins||9 – 10 mins||8 – 10 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||10 – 11 mins||10 – 12 mins||10 – 13 mins||11 – 13 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 24 is a loop trunk route between Ang Mo Kio and Changi Airport, serving Serangoon, Upper Paya Lebar, Paya Lebar, Eunos, Bedok and Upper Changi. Introduced as part of the 1983 Changi Airport Bus Plan, it replaces previously existing bus routes and remains today as a unique connection along much of its route. This service duplicates the East-West Line between Paya Lebar and Tanah Merah, and closely follows Service 22 between Ang Mo Kio and MacPherson.
Due to the loop-route nature of Service 24, as well as irregular demand across the day, this route is very prone to bunching-up. Sectors of high demand are between Bedok and Upper Changi where the route connects to private housing and new developments along Upper Changi Road East.
Service 24 serves Changi Airport Terminals 3, 1, 2 & 4 in order.
Changi Airport Passenger Terminal Buildings (PTBs) 1, 2 and 3 have their bus stops integrated into their basement levels, which also serves as a cargo loading and unloading bay. Security checks for any unattended or suspicious articles are carried out before a bus enters Terminals 1, 2 and 3. Bus Captains may take a short toilet break at Terminal 2. Because of height restrictions, double-decker buses are unable to enter Changi Airport basement.
Occasionally when Changi Airport basement is closed, buses will be diverted to the departure hall along T1/T2/T3 Departure Drive where a temporary bus stop will be set up.
Announcements for passengers to inform the Bus Captain if they see any suspicious person or article are played on board public buses at Changi Airport as well.
MRT Stations Served:
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- CC11 Tai Seng
- CC10DT26 MacPherson
- EW8CC9 Paya Lebar
- EW7 Eunos
- EW6 Kembangan
- EW5 Bedok
- EW4CG Tanah Merah
- CG1DT35 Expo
- DT34 Upper Changi
- CG2 Changi Airport
- Upp Paya Lebar Road (Blk 161) → Changi Airport → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 05:30 & 05:39
Saturdays, Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:30 & 05:37
- New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok Stn Exit B) → Changi Airport → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 05:40 & 05:49
Saturdays, Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:40
- PTB1 Basement (Changi Airport PTB1) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 05:45, 05:50 & 05:56
- Airport Blvd (Near SATS Flight Kitchen) → Ang Mo Kio Int
- New Upp Changi Rd (Blk 65) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Saturdays: 06:00, 06:10, 06:20, 06:30 & 06:48
Sundays / Public Holidays: 06:00, 06:16 & 06:32
- 1983 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1983 (25 Jun): Introduced between Ang Mo Kio Int and Changi Airport PTB (Loop) with the merger of SBS Services 392, 394 and SSB Service 727 under Changi Airport Bus Plan 1983
- 1990 (13 Oct): Amended to serve Changi Airport PTB2
- 1996: Converted to bi-directional service between Ang Mo Kio Int and Changi Airport PTB 1
- 2000: Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite SATS Flight Kitchen along Airport Blvd
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2003 (16 Mar): Amended to ply Eunos Rd 5 and Eunos Rd 8 with the partial closure of Paya Lebar Rd to facilitate the construction of Paya Lebar MRT station on the Circle MRT Line
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub
- 2007 (11 Nov): Amended to serve Changi Airport PTB3
- 2009 (23 Aug): Amended to ply the reinstated Paya Lebar Rd, skipping Eunos Rd 5 and Eunos Rd 8
- 2010 (02 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (09 Jan): Converted to loop service between Ang Mo Kio Int and Changi Airport PTB 2
- 2013 (22 Sep): Serves new bus stop outside Wisma AUPE along Upp Paya Lebar Rd
- 2017 (22 Oct): Amended to serve Changi Airport PTB4
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- 2018 (08 Apr): Serves new pair of bus stops after Somapah Rd and before Simei Rd along Upp Changi Rd East
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
3 thoughts on “SBS Transit Bus Service 24”
About time for SEDEP to deploy bendys (A24s) on 24!
Hi, I am arriving Spore on Tue 06 Aug via SQ arriving 11pm. I hope to use bus 24 from PTB2 to Bedok.
Can u tell me the last bus 24 leaving PTB2 on that evening please?
Hi sir service 24 last bus timing 12.15am from Changi ptb2 bus terminal on weekdays