SBS Transit Bus Service 24 is a trunk route running from Ang Mo Kio and looping at Changi Airport, going via AMK Ave 1, Upp Paya Lebar, Paya Lebar, Bedok and Upper Changi. It also duplicates the MRT between Paya Lebar and Tanah Merah. It serves Terminals 3, 1, 2 & 4 in order at Changi Airport.
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Changi Airport PTB2 Bus Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Upp Paya Lebar, Paya Lebar, Bedok, Upper Changi|
|Route Length||51.7 km|
|Travelling Time||180 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
||0530 – 2300 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Changi Airport PTB2
||0550 – 0015 (Weekdays)
0610 – 0012 (Saturdays)
0609 – 0011 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630 – 0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831 – 1659: 08 – 11 mins
1700 – 1900: 08 – 13 mins
After 1900: 13 – 15 mins
Service 24 is a lengthy loop trunk route between Ang Mo Kio and Changi Airport, serving Serangoon, Upper Paya Lebar, Paya Lebar, Eunos, Bedok and Upper Changi. Introduced as part of the 1983 Changi Airport Bus Plan, it replaces previously existing bus routes and remains today as a unique connection along much of its route. This service duplicates the East-West Line between Paya Lebar and Tanah Merah, and closely follows Service 22 between Ang Mo Kio and MacPherson.
Due to the loop-route nature of Service 24, as well as irregular demand across the day, this route is very prone to bunching-up. Frequencies during peak hour can exceed 20mins. Sectors of high demand are between Bedok and Upper Changi where the route connects to private housing and new developments along Upper Changi Road East.
The former shortworking trip 24A operates daily from Ang Mo Kio Int to Tanah Merah MRT Station, where the bus would do a u-turn and operate as service 24 back to Ang Mo Kio Int. Departures from Ang Mo Kio Int alternated between the main service 24 and the shortworking service 24A then.
Service 24 serves Changi Airport Terminals 3, 1, 2 & 4 in order.
Changi Airport Passenger Terminal Buildings (PTBs) 1, 2 and 3 have their bus stops integrated into their basement levels, which also serves as a cargo loading and unloading bay. Security checks for any unattended or suspicious articles are carried out before a bus enters Terminals 1, 2 and 3. Bus Captains may take a short toilet break at Terminal 2. Because of height restrictions, double-decker buses are unable to enter Changi Airport basement.
Occasionally when Changi Airport basement is closed, buses will be diverted to to T1/T2/T3 Departure Drive where a temporary bus stop will be set up.
A fleet restriction for Changi Airport appears to be in place, with only Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro buses deployed on airport-plying bus services.
Announcements for passengers to inform the Bus Captain if they see any suspicious person or article are played on board public buses at Changi Airport as well.
- Upp Paya Lebar Road (Blk 161) → Changi Airport → Ang Mo Kio Int
Daily: 0530hrs, 0537hrs
- New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok Stn Exit B) → Changi Airport → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0540hrs, 0548hrs
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 0540hrs
- PTB1 Basement (Changi Airport PTB1) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0558hrs
- Airport Blvd (Near SATS Flight Kitchen) → Ang Mo Kio Int
- New Upp Changi Rd (Blk 65) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0612hrs, 0624hrs
Sundays & Public Holidays: 0600hrs, 0616hrs
MRT Stations Served:
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- CC11 Tai Seng
- CC10DT26 MacPherson
- EW8CC9 Paya Lebar
- EW7 Eunos
- EW6 Kembangan
- EW5 Bedok
- EW4CG Tanah Merah
- CG1DT35 Expo
- DT34 Upper Changi
- CG2 Changi Airport
Fare: Charges basic distance-based fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1983 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1983 (25 Jun): Introduced as Service 24 to replace services 392 (Bedok Int – Changi Airport), 394 (Somapah Int – Changi Airport) and 727 (Ang Mo Kio – Changi Airport), all withdrawn due to low demand and overlapping routes.
Route plying Ang Mo Kio Int – Changi Airport PTB1
- 1990: Amended to serve Changi Airport PTB2
- 2007 (11 Nov): Amended to serve Changi Airport PTB3
- 2010 (02 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (09 Jan): Converted to loop service
- 2017 (22 Oct): Extended to serve Changi Airport PTB4
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- 2018 (08 Apr): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Upper Changi Rd East (Bef Simei Rd / Aft Somapah Rd)
- Refer to this article
- 1983: No significant route changes since 1983.