SBS Transit Bus Service 405 is a trunk route serving Choa Chu Kang Cemetery, running from Boon Lay interchange and looping at Old Choa Chu Kang Road and Lim Chu Kang Road. It only operates on specific days of the year.
||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Old Choa Chu Kang Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jalan Bahar|
|Route Length||15.0 km|
|Traveling Time||45 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Depot (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Boon Lay||0700 – 1700 (Selected Days only)|
|During Operating Hours: 22 - 30 mins|
Bus Service 405 serves Choa Chu Kang cemetery, crematorium and columbarium with connections to Boon Lay Bus Interchange and MRT station. This service has two u-turn points, one at the end of Old Choa Chu Kang Road, and the other spanning the width of Lim Chu Kang Road, just before Murai Farmway.
As a special ad-hoc service, it operates only during Qing Ming, Good Friday, First Ramadan, Hari Raya Puasa, Hari Raya Haji, Deepavali and All Souls' Day. Exact operating dates will be released by SBS Transit closer to the first day of operations every year.
During certain operating days with exceptionally high traffic at Old Choa Chu Kang Road, buses may be diverted to skip Old Choa Chu Kang Road entirely, looping at Lim Chu Kang Road and returning back to Boon Lay.
During the Singapore SEA Games 2015, a temporary route variant Service 405M was introduced to bring convenience for commuters to go to the National Shooting Centre located at Old Choa Chu Kang Rd End.
Operating Dates for 2019:
|Qing Ming Period||23, 24, 30 & 31 March
5, 6, 7, 13 & 14 April
|Good Friday||19 April|
|First Ramadan||6 May|
|Hari Raya Puasa||5 June|
|Hari Raya Haji||11 August|
|Deepavali Period||26 & 27 October|
|All Soul's Day||2 November|
MRT Station Served
- EW27 Boon Lay
- Weekdays (Mon - Fri): 0700hrs, 0722hrs, 0744hrs, 0806hrs, 0831hrs, 0856hrs, 0921hrs, 0946hrs, 1012hrs, 1038hrs, 1104hrs, 1130hrs, 1156hrs, 1222hrs, 1248hrs, 1314hrs, 1339hrs, 1405hrs, 1430hrs, 1455hrs, 1520hrs, 1545hrs, 1610hrs, 1635hrs & 1700hrs
- Saturdays: 0700hrs, 0722hrs, 0744hrs, 0807hrs, 0830hrs, 0854hrs, 0918hrs, 0944hrs, 1010hrs, 1036hrs, 1102hrs, 1129hrs, 1157hrs, 1224hrs, 1252hrs, 1319hrs, 1347hrs, 1414hrs, 1442hrs, 1509hrs, 1537hrs, 1604hrs, 1632hrs & 1700hrs
- Sundays / Public Holidays: 0700hs, 0730hrs, 0800hrs, 0830hrs, 0900hrs, 0930hrs, 1000hrs, 1030hrs, 1100hrs, 1130hrs, 1200hrs, 1230hrs, 1300hrs, 1330hrs, 1400hrs, 1430hrs, 1500hrs, 1530hrs, 1600hrs, 1630hrs & 1700hrs
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1993 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1993 (18 Jul): Introduced as Boon Lay Int - Choa Chu Kang Rd (Loop)
- 1997 (05 Apr): Extended to serve Lim Chu Kang Rd
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH), and amended to ply Jurong West Central 1
- 2015 (30 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (07 Jun): Route variant Service 405M introduced
- 2015 (12 Jun): Route variant Service 405M withdrawn
- Refer to this article
- 2009: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1997.