SBS Transit Bus Service 405 is a trunk route serving Choa Chu Kang Cemetery, running from Boon Lay interchange and looping at Old Choa Chu Kang Road and Lim Chu Kang Road. It only operates on specific days of the year.
↺ Old Choa Chu Kang Rd (Loop)
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Old Choa Chu Kang Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jln Bahar, Lim Chu Kang Rd|
|Route Length||15.0 km|
|Travelling Time||45 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||Selected Operating Days Only
|07:00 – 17:00|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||22 mins||25 – 26 mins||N.A.||N.A.|
|Saturdays||22 – 23 mins||24 – 28 mins||N.A.||N.A.|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||30 mins||30 mins||N.A.||N.A.|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Bus Service 405 serves Choa Chu Kang cemetery, crematorium and columbarium with connections to Boon Lay Bus Interchange and MRT station. This service has two u-turn points, one at the end of Old Choa Chu Kang Road, and the other spanning the width of Lim Chu Kang Road, just before Murai Farmway.
As a special ad-hoc service, it operates only during Qing Ming, Good Friday, First Ramadan, Hari Raya Puasa, Hari Raya Haji, Deepavali and All Souls' Day. Exact operating dates will be released by SBS Transit closer to the first day of operations every year.
During certain operating days with exceptionally high traffic at Old Choa Chu Kang Road, buses may be diverted to skip Old Choa Chu Kang Road entirely, looping at Lim Chu Kang Road and returning back to Boon Lay.
During the Singapore SEA Games 2015, a temporary route variant Service 405M was introduced to bring convenience for commuters going to the National Shooting Centre located at Old Choa Chu Kang Rd End.
|Service 405 Operating Dates in 2023|
|Qing Ming Period||
|Hari Raya Puasa||
|Hari Raya Haji||
|All Soul's Day||
MRT Station Served
- EW27 Boon Lay
From Boon Lay Int:
- Weekdays: 07:00, 07:22, 07:44, 08:06, 08:31, 08:56, 09:21, 09:46, 10:12, 10:38, 11:04, 11:30, 11:56, 12:22, 12:48, 13:14, 13:39, 14:05, 14:30, 14:55, 15:20, 15:45, 16:10, 16:35 & 17:00
- Saturdays: 07:00hrs, 07:22, 07:44, 08:07, 08:30, 08:54, 09:18, 09:44, 10:10, 10:36, 11:02, 11:29, 11:57, 12:24, 12:52, 13:19, 13:47, 14:14, 14:42, 15:09, 15:37, 16:04, 16:32 & 17:00
- Sundays / Public Holidays: 07:00, 07:30, 08:00, 08:30, 09:00, 09:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00, 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00, 14:30, 15:00, 15:30, 16:00, 16:30 & 17:00
- 1993 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1993 (18 Jul): Introduced between Boon Lay Int and Choa Chu Kang Rd End (Loop), operating during Qing Ming period, Good Friday, Ramadan, Hari Raya Puasa, Hari Raya Haji, Deepavali and All Souls' Day only
- 1997 (05 Apr): Enhanced to ply Lim Chu Kang Rd
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub and amended to ply Jurong West Central 1, skipping Jurong West Central 3
- 2010 (10 Feb): Serves additional bus stop outside Blk 263 along Jln Boon Lay
- 2015 (30 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
8 thoughts on “SBS Transit Bus Service 405”
405 2022 dates just dropped m8 https://www.sbstransit.com.sg/news/service-405—operating-dates-in-2022
I agree with extending 405 to daily and extending to LCK road end (or maybe operating only at periods where 975 have high demand) to reduce the load on 975. It also connects to Boon Lay MRT which is more convenient for those living along East-West line as opposed to taking 975 to CCK and transferring at JE (And I think Boon Lay MRT is closer than CCK MRT from LCK).
I am also thinking about the feasibility to extend to Kranji MRT via Neo Tiew Road -> SG Buloh -> Skips bus stops along Kranji Way and Kranji Road to reduce duplication with 925 -> Kranji MRT (Loop). This helps to allow access to Kranji farms and connect LCK to Kranji MRT, which might also be nearer as compared to CCK