SBS Transit Parks 409 was a Parks service running from HarbourFront Interchange and looping at Mount Faber Road, serving Mount Faber Park and the Singapore Cruise Terminal. It was withdrawn on 1 March 2013.
|Route||HarbourFront Bus Interchange ↺ Mount Faber Road|
|Passes Through||Mount Faber Rd, Maritime Square|
|Route Length||6.3 km|
|Former Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Former Depot||Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)|
||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Volvo B10M Mark III
– Volvo B10M Mark IV
|Departure Times from HarbourFront
||1200hrs — 2100hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)|
0831—1659: 30 mins
1700—1900: 30 mins
After 1900: 30 mins
Service 409 linked the transport node of HarbourFront MRT and Bus Interchange with Mount Faber Park and the Singapore Cruise Centre. The service was aimed at park-goers and improved public transport connectivity to the park.
Introduced in 2005 as one of five Parks services, the route primarily served Mount Faber Park. This service has one en-route u-turn point at Maritime Square (near the Singapore Cruise Centre). Initially operating daily, its operating hours were progressively reduced due to low demand, with weekday operations permanently ceased from July 2006.
The route was withdrawn from 1 March 2013 likely due to insufficient demand levels, with the last day of service being Sunday, 24 February 2013, leaving Parks 408 as the sole surviving Parks service until July 2016.
|Card / Cash fares for Parks services|
|Child / Student||$0.55|
Bus/hybrid concession passes and distance-based fares were not applicable.
- 14 Nov 2005 – 24 Feb 2013: SBS Transit Ltd
- 2005 (14 Nov): Introduced as a Parks service between HarbourFront and Mount Faber Park, operating daily from 6 pm to 3 am on weekdays, and from 7 am to 3 am on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays.
- 2006 (22 May): Revised to operate from 9 am on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays, with the last bus brought forward to 11.30 pm daily.
- 2006 (01 Jul): Weekday operations discontinued, with the last bus extended to 12 midnight on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays.
- 2009 (05 Sep): Revised to operate between 12 noon and 9 pm on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays.
- 2013 (01 Mar): Service withdrawn