Go-Ahead Bus Service 43M is a trunk service plying between Punggol Interchange and looping at Serangoon Central, passing through Sengkang East Road, Buangkok MRT, Buangkok Green and Yio Chu Kang Road. It is a route variant of Service 43, introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) and was launched on Sunday, 16 November 2014.
↺ Serangoon Ctrl (Loop)
|Route||Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Serangoon Central (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Sengkang East Rd, Sengkang Central, Buangkok Green, Yio Chu Kang Rd|
|Route Length||19.0 km|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Punggol
|05:50 – 23:05|
|Loop Service||7 – 10 mins||8 – 17 mins||4 – 15 mins||13 – 16 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 43M is a supplementary route of Service 43, duplicating its parent service between Punggol Bus Interchange and Serangoon Central. It relieves demand and improves reliability of bus services for commuters along Service 43’s most crowded stretches of route. It was launched on Sunday, 16 November 2014.
The service operates daily from 5.50am to 11.05pm, serving residential areas around Punggol Way, Sengkang East Road, Sengkang Central, Buangkok Green, Yio Chu Kang Road and Serangoon Central. It will provide better access to key transport nodes such as Punggol and Serangoon Bus Interchanges, Punggol, Buangkok and Serangoon MRT Stations, amenities such as Ren Ci Hospital & Medicare Centre, Serangoon Sports & Recreation Centre and NEX as well as schools such as Hougang Secondary and Hougang Primary.
Short Trip Service 43A, which plied from Buangkok Green to Serangoon Central, was withdrawn after the introduction of 43M due to duplicating sectors. So were evening downroutes of Service 43 which started from Serangoon Central to Punggol Interchange.
While Service 43M serves Boundary Road, it skipped the bus stop outside Serangoon Stadium (63149 S’goon Stadium) as its parent Service 43 does not serve that stretch of road, which was later amended to call at that stop from 24 Jan 2016. All bus stops along Service 43M’s route are also served by Service 43.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- Service 43: Punggol Temp Int ↔ Upper East Coast Ter
- Express Service 43e: Punggol Temp Int ⇆ Marine Parade Rd
Weekday Peak Hours, except Public Holidays
Gallery (SBS Transit)
- 16 Nov 2014 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2014 (16 Nov): Introduced between Punggol Int and Serangoon Ctrl under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (07 Dec): Serves new pair of bus stops before Blk 264 and outside Blk 264A along Punggol Central
- 2015 (30 Aug): Serves new pair of bus stops outside Twin Waterfalls and after TPE along Punggol Way
- 2016 (24 Jan): Serves additional bus stop outside Serangoon Stadium along Boundary Rd
- 2016 (04 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- 2016 (13 Nov): Serves new pair of bus stops opposite Blk 293D and outside Blk 286B along Sengkang East Rd
- 2017 (26 Nov): Serves additional bus stop outside Punggol Stn/Int along Punggol Central