City Direct Bus Service 668 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Ang Mo Kio / Yio Chu Kang and the Central Business District, passing through Ang Mo Kio St 52. It is the eighteenth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
||[AM] Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Opp Blk 649) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM] Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Blk 649)
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6, Ang Mo Kio Street 52, Shenton Way, Anson Rd
|Route Length||20.7 km (D1) | 20.6 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||BT & TAN Transport Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio Ave 5
||0730 – 0750 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 4 Trips|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||1810 – 1825 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|6 – 7 mins||15 mins|
City Direct Service 668 provides residents of Yio Chu Kang and Ang Mo Kio with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Ang Mo Kio and the CBD via CTE, Outram Rd and Cantonment Rd.
This is the eighteenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
- AM Peak from Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Opp Blk 649): 0730hrs, 0736hrs, 0743hrs, 0750hrs
- PM Peak from Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn): 1810hrs, 1825hrs
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
Fleet: Service 668’s fleet comprises of private buses operated by BT & TAN Transport Pte Ltd.
- 2015 (05 Aug): Tender for City Directs 666 to 670 announced; tender closes 31 Aug 2015.
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for Ang Mo Kio / Yio Chu Kang City Direct & Punggol City Direct awarded to BT & TAN Transport Pte Ltd at $2.46 million.
- 2016 (15 Mar): Launch of City Direct 668
- 2018 (25 Jun): Fourth morning trip added, departure times from Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 revised to 7:30am, 7:36am, 7:43am and 7:50am
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for City Direct 668 awarded to BT & Tan Transport Pte Ltd
- 2016 (15 Mar) onwards: BT & Tan Transport Pte Ltd
External Links & References:
- City Direct Services 666 to 670 – LTA