Go-Ahead Bus Service 68 is an trunk service serving between Pasir Ris Bus Interchange and Tampines Bus Interchange, via Elias Road, Pasir Ris Street 71, Tampines Avenue 10 and Tampines Concourse.
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↺ Tampines Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Elias Rd, Pasir Ris St 71, Tampines Ave 10, Tampines Ave 11, Tampines Concourse|
|Route Length||13.9 km|
|Traveling Time||55 – 65 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
|05:30 – 23:45|
|Departure Times from Tampines
|05:50 – 00:15|
|Loop Service||15 mins||15 mins||15 mins||15 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 68 serves as a residential trunk route connecting the estates of Pasir Ris West and Tampines North. It serves residential developments along Elias Rd, Pasir Ris St 71 and Tampines Concourse with enhanced connectivity to transport nodes at Pasir Ris and Tampines, and key amenities such as the Tampines Retail Park (Courts, Giant, IKEA), Our Tampines Hub, Tampines Mall, Tampines One and White Sands Shopping Mall. It was launched on 1 April 2018.
The route is operated by Go-Ahead Singapore under the Loyang Bus Package. It was slated to be launched in April 2017, but later delayed to April 2018, likely as a result of new roads under construction in Tampines North Estate, such as Tampines Avenue 11 and Tampines Avenue 6 (Extension).
In tandem with the surrounding developments in the Tampines North Estate, 3 more pairs of bus stops were added in 2019 to serve the Build-to-order (BTO) flats of Tampines Greenview, Tampines Greenweave, Tampines Greenridges and Tampines Greenverge along Tampines Avenue 6.
MRT Stations Served
- Tampines Ctrl 1 (Tampines Int) → Pasir Ris Int
Daily: 05:30 & 05:45
- Service 68A: Tampines Avenue 11 (Opp Reebonz Bldg) → Tampines Int
Weekdays (except Public Holidays) Morning Peak Hours
- Service 68B: Tampines Int → Tampines Avenue 11 (Reebonz Bldg)
Weekdays (except Public Holidays) Evening Peak Hours
Gallery (Route Posters):
- 01 Apr 2018 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2018 (01 Apr): Introduced between Pasir Ris Int and Tampines Int (Loop). Wheelchair-accessible at launch.
- 2019 (24 Feb): Serves 2 new pairs of bus stops (75471 / 75479 & 75481 / 75489) along Tampines Avenue 6
- 2019 (01 Jul): Start of regular Double-Decker bus deployments
- 2019 (22 Dec): Serves a pair of new bus stops (75491 / 75499) along Tampines Avenue 6