SBS Transit Bus Service 89A is a Short-Trip Service variant of Bus Service 89.
The route operates from Tampines Expressway (Aft Punggol Rd) and ends at Airport Cargo Road (Airfreight Ter Bldg), operating only during weekday morning peak hours.
Service 89A was amended to ply a bus-only corridor along Loyang Avenue & Loyang Way due to the partial closure of Loyang Avenue from 26 Feb 2023.
→ Airfreight Ter Bldg
|Route||Tampines Expressway (Aft Punggol Rd) → Airport Cargo Road (Airfreight Ter Bldg)
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris Dr 12, Pasir Ris Dr 3, Loyang Ave, Nicoll Dr|
|Route Length||17.5 km|
|Travelling Time||50 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sengkang–Hougang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from TPE (Aft Punggol Rd)
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|05:53 – 07:41|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Short Trip Service 89A is a trunk service operating from Tampines Expressway (Aft Punggol Rd) and ends at Airport Cargo Road (Airfreight Ter Bldg).
As a Short-Trip Service, the route operates on Weekdays, during the morning peak hours, and supplements the high demand for Service 89 from Pasir Ris to industries around Loyang Avenue and Changi Airfreight Centre.
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- From Tampines Expressway (Aft Punggol Rd):
05:53, 06:02, 06:09, 06:22, 06:28, 07:34 & 07:41
MRT Station Served:
- EW1 Pasir Ris
- 2017 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Sengkang–Hougang Bus Package.
- 2017 (10 Apr): Introduced from Pasir Ris Drive 1 (Blk 738) to Airport Cargo Road (Airfreight Ter Bldg)
- 2021 (05 Jul): Extended to start from TPE (Aft Punggol Rd)
- 2023 (26 Feb): Amended to ply a bus-only corridor along Loyang Ave & Loyang Way with the partial closure of Loyang Ave to facilitate the construction of Loyang Viaduct & Loyang MRT station on the Cross Island MRT Line
Back to Bus Service 89
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles