SBS Transit Bus Service 128 is a peak-hour, limited-express trunk route between Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (in Yio Chu Kang) and Shenton Way Ter, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Thomson, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, and Shenton Way. A large portion of the route duplicates the North-South MRT Line.
Operating hours for Bus Service 128 was revised from 27 Jun 2016 with a reduction in trips.
|Route||AM Peak: Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot → Shenton Way Bus Terminal
PM Peak: Shenton Way Bus Terminal → Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Thomson, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||18.6km (D1) | 19.4km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang MRT||0720 – 0735 (Weekdays)|
|Departure Times from Anson Road||1820 – 1835 (Weekdays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|AM Peak: 15 mins||PM Peak: 15 mins|
Service 128 is a supplementary peak hour route and MRT parallel service for commuters who seek alternative travel routes during peak hours. The route links Ang Mo Kio and Bishan with Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Shenton Way, operating four City-bound trips in the morning and four return trips in the evenings. This service does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Because boarding and alighting is not allowed within Ang Mo Kio Depot, the first and last stop of the route is at Yio Chu Kang Station along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6.
This service is unique in being a basic bus service that only operates only during weekday peak hours and serves the CBD. Most other peak-hour routes in the CBD are non-basic, such as Express, Fast-Forward and Premium services. On the eves of selected public holidays (such as Christmas eve and New Years’ eve), operating hours for return trips are brought forward to 1:00pm – 2:00pm.
No boarding and alighting is allowed at Ang Mo Kio Depot and Shenton Way Terminal.
The number of trips for Bus Service 128 during Morning and Evening peak were reduced from 4 to 2 from 27 June 2016 due to low ridership of the bus service.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 128′s fleet comprises Mercedes-Benz Citaros and Scania K230UB buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 2008 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2008 (07 Jul): Introduced as a 6-month trial service. Peak hour service plying from Ang Mo Kio Depot to Shenton Way during morning peak hours and Shenton Way to Ang Mo Kio Depot during evening peak hours.
- 2009 (02 Feb): Amended to skip Lor 1, 2 and 6 Toa Payoh and skip bus stops along Braddell Road, Thomson Road and Newton Road, thus skipping Novena, Toa Payoh and Braddell MRT Stations.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Jul): Revision of operating hours, frequency reduced from 12mins to 10mins.
- 2016 (27 Jun): Revision of operating hours, number of trips reduced from 4 to 2.
- Refer to this article
- 2009: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2009.