SBS Transit Bus Service 128 is a peak-hour, limited stop express trunk route between Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (in Yio Chu Kang) and Shenton Way Terminal, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Thomson, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, and Shenton Way. A large portion of the route duplicates the North-South MRT Line.
Bus Service 128 will be amended to serve the relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal from 26 Jun 2017.
|Bus Service 128:
Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot → Shenton Way | Shenton Way → Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
Towards Shenton Way
Towards Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
- No alighting and boarding at Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal
||[AM Peak]: Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot → Shenton Way Bus Terminal
[PM Peak]: Shenton Way Bus Terminal → Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Robinson Rd|
|Route Length||18.4 km (D1) | 19.5 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||76 mins (AM Peak) | 89 mins (PM Peak)|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang Stn
||0720 – 0735 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||1820 – 1835 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|15 mins||15 mins|
Service 128 is a supplementary peak hour route and MRT parallel service for commuters who seek alternative travel routes during peak hours. The route links Ang Mo Kio and Bishan with Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Shenton Way, operating two City-bound trips in the morning and two return trips in the evenings. This service does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Because boarding and alighting is not allowed within Ang Mo Kio Depot, the first and last stop of the route is at Yio Chu Kang Station / Opp Yio Chu Kang Stn respectively along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6.
This service is unique in being a basic bus service that only operates only during weekday peak hours and serves the CBD. Most other peak-hour routes in the CBD are non-basic, such as Express, Fast-Forward and Premium services. On the eves of selected public holidays (such as Christmas eve and New Years’ eve), operating hours for return trips are brought forward to 1:00pm – 2:00pm.
No boarding and alighting is allowed at Ang Mo Kio Depot. Alighting is not allowed at Shenton Way Terminal.
The number of trips for Bus Service 128 during Morning and Evening peak were reduced from 4 to 2 from 27 June 2016 due to low ridership of the bus service.
MRT Stations Served:
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- EW14NS26 Raffles Place
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- NS15 Yio Chu Kang
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- NS17CC15 Bishan
- NS21DT11 Newton
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- CC2 Bras Basah
- CC3 Esplanade
- DT21 Bencoolen
Fleet: Service 128′s fleet comprises of Scania K230UB buses.
- 2008 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2008 (07 Jul): Introduced as a 6-month trial service. Peak hour service plying from Ang Mo Kio Depot to Shenton Way during morning peak hours and Shenton Way to Ang Mo Kio Depot during evening peak hours.
- 2009 (02 Feb): Amended to skip Lor 1, 2 and 6 Toa Payoh and skip bus stops along Braddell Road, Thomson Road and Newton Road, thus skipping Novena, Toa Payoh and Braddell MRT Stations.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Jul): Revision of operating hours, frequency reduced from 12mins to 10mins.
- 2016 (27 Jun): Revision of operating hours, number of trips reduced from 4 to 2.
- 2017 (26 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal
- Refer to this article
- 2009: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2009.