SBS Transit Bus Service 128 was a peak-hour, limited-stop trunk route between Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (at Yio Chu Kang) and Shenton Way Terminal, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Thomson, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, and Shenton Way.
SBS Transit Bus Service 128 was discontinued from 2 June 2020. The last day of operations was on 7 April 2020, prior to its suspension during the Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
Commuters can travel by MRT or take alternative Bus Service 162.
- – Wheelchair Inaccessible Bus Stop
- No alighting and boarding at Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal
|Route||[AM]: Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot → Shenton Way Bus Terminal
[PM]: Shenton Way Bus Terminal → Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Robinson Rd|
|Route Length||Towards Shenton Way: 18.3 km||Towards Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot: 19.4 km|
|Traveling Time||76 – 89 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Former Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Former Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Former Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|07:20 – 07:35|
|Departure Times from Shenton Way||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|18:20 – 18:35|
|From Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
|From Shenton Way
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares|
Service 128 was a limited stop trunk route linking Ang Mo Kio and Bishan with the City areas of Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Shenton Way, operating during weekday peak hours. Running parallel to the North South Line, the route provided an alternative travel option for commuters relying on the rail network. Two City-bound trips are operated on weekday mornings, and another two return trips towards the heartlands in the evening. This service does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
As boarding and alighting are not allowed within Ang Mo Kio Depot, the first and last stop of the route is at Yio Chu Kang Station / Opp Yio Chu Kang Stn respectively along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6. Alighting is not allowed at Shenton Way terminal, and the last stop of this route is at Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg).
This service is unique in being a basic bus service that only operates only during weekday peak hours and serves the CBD. Most other peak-hour routes in the CBD are non-basic, such as Express and City Direct services. During Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve & Chinese New Year Eve, operating hours for return trips are brought forward to early afternoon.
The number of trips for Bus Service 128 during Morning and Evening peak was reduced from 4 trips to 2 trips from 27 June 2016, due to low ridership, and subsequently withdrawn on 2 June 2020.
MRT Stations Served
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- From Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot:
07:20 & 07:35
- From Shenton Way Terminal:
18:20 & 18:35
- 07 July 2008 – 07 April 2020: SBS Transit Ltd
- 2008 (07 Jul): Introduced between Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 and Shenton Way (AM Peak) and between Anson Rd and Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 (PM Peak) as a peak hour one-directional service on weekdays for a trial period of 6 months
- 2009 (02 Feb): Amended to ply Braddell Rd and Thomson Rd, skipping Lor 6 Toa Payoh, Lor 1 Toa Payoh, Lor 2 Toa Payoh and Jln Toa Payoh.
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (25 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal
- 2020 (08 Apr): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Withdrawn
Changes in Departure Times:
|Effective Date||Morning Peak Timings||Evening Peak Timings|
|07 Jul 2008||07:12, 07:24, 07:36 & 07:48||18:12, 18:24, 18:36 & 18:48|
|29 Jul 2013||07:15, 07:25, 07:35 & 07:45||18:15, 18:25, 18:35 & 18:45|
|27 Jun 2016||07:20 & 07:35||18:20 & 18:35|
|02 Jun 2020||Withdrawn||Withdrawn|