SBS Transit Bus Service 128 is a peak-hour, limited stop trunk route between Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (in Yio Chu Kang) and Shenton Way Terminal, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Thomson, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, and Shenton Way. A large portion of the route duplicates the North-South MRT Line.
- No alighting and boarding at Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal
||[AM Peak]: Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot → Shenton Way Bus Terminal
[PM Peak]: Shenton Way Bus Terminal → Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Newton, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Robinson Rd|
|Route Length||18.4 km (D1) | 19.5 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||76 mins (AM Peak) | 89 mins (PM Peak)|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang Stn
||0720 – 0735 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||1820 – 1835 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|15 mins||15 mins|
Service 128 is a limited stop trunk route linking Ang Mo Kio and Bishan with the City areas of Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut and Shenton Way, operating during weekday peak hours. Running parallel to the North South Line, the route provides an alternative travel option for commuters relying on the rail network. Two City-bound trips are operated on weekday mornings, and another two return trips towards the heartlands in the evening. This service does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Because boarding and alighting is not allowed within Ang Mo Kio Depot, the first and last stop of the route is at Yio Chu Kang Station / Opp Yio Chu Kang Stn respectively along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6. Alighting is not allowed at Shenton Way terminal, and the last stop of this route is at Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg).
This service is unique in being a basic bus service that only operates only during weekday peak hours and serves the CBD. Most other peak-hour routes in the CBD are non-basic, such as Express, Fast-Forward and Premium services. On the eves of selected public holidays (such as Christmas eve and New Years’ eve), operating hours for return trips are brought forward to 1:00pm – 2:00pm.
The number of trips for Bus Service 128 during Morning and Evening peak were reduced from 4 trips to 2 trips from 27 June 2016, due to low ridership.
MRT Stations Served:
- NS15 Yio Chu Kang
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- NS17CC15 Bishan
- NS21DT11 Newton
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- CC2 Bras Basah
- DT21 Bencoolen
- CC3 Esplanade
- EW14NS26 Raffles Place
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
Fleet: Service 128′s fleet comprises of Scania K230UB buses.
- 2008 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 2008 (07 Jul): Introduced as a 6-month trial service. Peak hour service plying from Ang Mo Kio Depot to Shenton Way during morning peak hours and Shenton Way to Ang Mo Kio Depot during evening peak hours.
- 2009 (02 Feb): Amended to skip Lor 1, 2 and 6 Toa Payoh and skip bus stops along Braddell Road, Thomson Road and Newton Road, thus skipping Novena, Toa Payoh and Braddell MRT Stations.
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Jul): Revision of operating hours, frequency reduced from 12mins to 10mins.
- 2016 (27 Jun): Revision of operating hours, number of trips reduced from 4 to 2.
- 2017 (26 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal
- Refer to this article
- 2009: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2009.