Tower Transit Bus Service 183 is a trunk route running from Jurong East Interchange and looping at Science Park Road, passing through Toh Guan Road, Toh Tuck Avenue, Clementi MRT, Clementi Road and Pasir Panjang Road.
Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit since 26 June 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
|Bus Service 183: Jurong East – Science Park Rd (Loop)
|From Jurong East||Looping at Science Park Rd|
|Route||Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Science Park Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Toh Guan Rd, Toh Tuck Ave, Clementi MRT, Clementi Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd|
|Route Length||22.4 km|
|Travelling Time||75 – 106 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot (BUDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 05 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 06 – 09 mins
After 1900: 16 – 19 mins
Service 183 is both a residential and an industrial route, serving housing estates around Toh Guan, Clementi and Pasir Panjang, as well as industries along Toh Guan Road East, Toh Tuck, and Singapore Science Park II. The route connects these areas to Clementi Town Centre and Jurong East Regional Centre.
This service experiences high demand during the peak hours from the various industries along its route, and as such, operates a proportionately large split-shift fleet to cope with increased passenger loading.
MRT Stations Served
- C’wealth Ave West (Clementi Stn) → Jurong East Temp Int via Science Park Rd
- Pasir Panjang Rd (Aft Clementi Rd) → Jurong East Temp Int via Science Park Rd
Weekdays PM Peak
- Clementi Road (Opp Kent Ridge Ter) → Jurong East Temp Int
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 0625hrs
Short Trip Service
- Service 183B: Jurong East Int → Toh Tuck Ave (Aft Toh Tuck Link)
Weekdays: 0718hrs – 0849hrs | 03 – 13 minute frequency
- 2004 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2004 (22 Aug): Introduced by SBST to ply between Jurong East and Kent Ridge Ter via Toh Guan Rd East and Commonwealth Ave West.
- 2005 (03 Oct): Extended to loop at Science Park Rd, skipping Kent Ridge Bus Terminal.
- 2008 (01 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2010 (16 Aug): New short trip service 183B introduced from Jurong East to Toh Tuck Ave
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations handed over to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.
External Links & References: