SBS Transit Bus Service 30 is a trunk service plying between Bedok and Boon Lay, passing through Geylang Serai, Mountbatten, HarbourFront, Pasir Panjang, Teban Gardens and Corporation Drive, running from East to West of Singapore. A Fast-Farward route variant, Service 30e, is also operated.
|Bus Service 30: Bedok ↔ Boon Lay|
Towards Boon Lay
||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Boon Lay Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Changi Road, Sims Ave, Old Airport Rd, Telok Blangah Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd, West Coast Rd, Corporation Dr|
|Route Length||37.8 km (D1) | 37.9 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||130 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0515hrs – 2335hrs (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0530hrs – 2335hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0530hrs – 0020hrs (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0545hrs – 0020hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 14 – 15 mins
After 1900: 11 – 16 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 15 mins
After 1900: 11 – 18 mins
Spanning from East to West, Service 30 provides inter-town connections between many parts of Singapore. From Bedok Interchange, the route passes through Geylang Serai, Old Airport, Fort Road, Keppel and HarbourFront, continuing west to Pasir Panjang, West Coast, Teban Gardens and Corporation Drive, terminating at Boon Lay Interchange. At almost 38km in each direction, it is one of SBS Transit’s longest bi-directional bus routes.
As an inter-town service, demand for this route is moderate to high throughout the day. Particularly strong areas of demand include the sector between Boon Lay Interchange and Corporation Drive (supplementing Feeder 240), and the sector between HarbourFront and Bedok. By having an express sector between Keppel Road and Fort Road, this service skips the CBD area allowing for faster commute as compared to other services such as 10 (to Old Airport) and 196 (to Mountbatten), which travel through the CBD.
Since the 1990s, Service 30 had been plying its express sector along the East Coast Parkway, offering scenic views along the Benjamin Sheares Bridge. With the opening of the Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) in late 2013, the service now travels underground, no longer plying the scenic stretch of road.
Despite its length, the last bus from Boon Lay departs rather late, at 12:20am daily. This trip reaches Bedok at around 1:30am; a runtime of 70mins would not be possible during the day where passenger demand and road traffic is higher.
MRT Stations Served:
- EW5 Bedok
- EW6 Kembangan
- EW7 Eunos
- EW8CC9 Paya Lebar
- CC8 Dakota
- CC7 Mountbatten
- NE1CC29 Harbourfront
- CC28 Telok Blangah
- CC27 Labrador Park
- CC26 Pasir Panjang
- CC25 Haw Par Villa
- EW27 Boon Lay
- Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim (Aft Corporation Pl) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0538hrs
- Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim (Bef Jurong Port Rd) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0633hrs, 0648hrs, 0658hrs, 0729hrs
- Telok Blangah Road (HarbourFront Stn Exit B) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0539hrs
Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0542hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0530hrs, 0543hrs, 0556hrs
- Fast-Forward Bus Service 30e: Bedok Interchange ⇄ Pasir Panjang Road (Heng Mui Keng Terr)
Weekdays AM & PM Peak Hours
Fast-forward 30e offers quicker travel for commuters in the East travelling to their workplaces at Pasir Panjang in the morning and back in the evening. This service operates during the peak hours only.
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced as Service 30, plying Changi Rd – Prince Edward Rd and operated by ABS
- Early 1972: Extended to International Rd
- Late 1972: Extended to Jln Ahmad Ibrahim
- 1974: Extended to Chai Chee Ter
- 1978 (01 Jun): Extended to Jurong Int
- 1979 (26 Feb): Amended to Bedok Int with the closure of Chai Chee Ter
- 1990 (01 Jul): Extended to Boon Lay Int with the closure of Jurong Int.
- ???: Also amended to serve Teban Gardens Estate.
- 1992: Amended to ply along ECP and Fort Rd instead of Nicoll Highway and Shenton Way.
- 2005 (19 Sep): Fast-forward variant 30e introduced
- 2006 (19 Mar) to 2008 (28 Dec): Diverted via Cassia Link, Guillemard Rd and Guillemard Camp Rd in both directions due to the construction of Dakota MRT Station.
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Terminus relocated to air-conditioned Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2011 (3 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Dec): Express sector diverted to Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) from ECP.
- 2014 (30 Nov): Terminus relocated to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- Refer to this article
- 1990: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1990.