SBS Transit Bus Service 30 is a trunk service plying between Bedok and Boon Lay, passing through Geylang Serai, Mountbatten, HarbourFront, Pasir Panjang, Teban Gardens and Corporation Drive, running from East to West of Singapore. A Fast-Farward route variant, Service 30e, is also operated.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Boon Lay Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Changi Road, Old Airport, Fort Road, HarbourFront, Pasir Panjang, West Coast, Teban Gardens, Corporation Drive|
|Route Length||38.3km (D1) | 38.0km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Volvo B10M Mark IV
|Departure Times from T1||0515 – 2335 (Weekdays, Sat)
0530 – 2335 (Sun)
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 0020 (Weekdays, Sat)
0545 – 0020 (Sun/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 07 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 14 – 17 mins
After 1930: 10 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 14 mins
After 1930: 12 – 15 mins
Spanning from East to West, Service 30 provides inter-town connections between many parts of Singapore. From Bedok Interchange, the route passes through Geylang Serai, Old Airport, Fort Road, Keppel and HarbourFront, continuing west to Pasir Panjang, West Coast, Teban Gardens and Corporation Drive, terminating at Boon Lay Interchange. At 38km in each direction, it is one of SBS Transit’s longest bi-directional bus routes.
As an inter-town service, demand for this route is moderate to high throughout the day. Particularly strong areas of demand include the sector between Boon Lay Interchange and Corporation Drive (supplementing Feeder 240), and the sector between HarbourFront and Bedok. By having an express sector between Keppel Road and Fort Road, this service skips the CBD area allowing for faster commute as compared to other services such as 10 (to Old Airport) and 196 (to Mountbatten), which travel through the CBD.
Since the 1990s, Service 30 had been plying its express sector along the East Coast Parkway, offering scenic views along the Benjamin Shears Bridge. With the opening of the Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) in late 2013, the service now travels underground, no longer plying the scenic stretch of road.
Despite its length, the last bus from Boon Lay departs rather late, at 12:20am daily. This trip reaches Bedok at around 1:30am; a runtime of 70mins would not be possible during the day where passenger demand and road traffic is higher.
- Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim (Aft Corporation Pl) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0538hrs
- Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim (Bef Jurong Port Rd) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0633hrs, 0648hrs, 0658hrs, 0729hrs
- Telok Blangah Road (HarbourFront Stn) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0539hrs
Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0542hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0530hrs, 0543hrs, 0556hrs
- SBS Transit Fast-Forward 30e: Bedok Interchange – Pasir Panjang Road (Heng Mui Keng Terr)
Fast-forward 30e offers quicker travel for commuters in the East travelling to their workplaces at Pasir Panjang in the morning and back in the evening. This service operates during the peak hours only.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 30′s fleet comprises a majority of Volvo B9TL buses, and smaller numbers of Volvo B10TL, Volvo B10M MkIV and Scania K230UB buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced as Service 30, plying Changi Rd – Prince Edward Rd and operated by ABS
- Early 1972: Extended to International Rd
- Late 1972: Extended to Jln Ahmad Ibrahim
- 1974: Extended to Chai Chee Ter
- 1978 (01 Jun): Extended to Jurong Int
- 1979 (26 Feb): Amended to Bedok Int with the closure of Chai Chee Ter
- 1990 (01 Jul): Extended to Boon Lay Int with the closure of Jurong Int.
- ???: Also amended to serve Teban Gardens Estate.
- 1992: Amended to ply along ECP and Fort Rd instead of Nicoll Highway and Shenton Way.
- 2005 (19 Sep): Fast-forward variant 30e introduced
- 2006 (19 Mar) to 2008 (28 Dec): Diverted via Cassia Link, Guillemard Rd and Guillemard Camp Rd in both directions due to the construction of Dakota MRT Station.
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Terminus relocated to air-conditioned Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2011 (3 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Dec): Express sector diverted to Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) from ECP.
- 2014 (30 Nov): Terminus relocated to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- Refer to this article
- 1990: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1990.