SBS Transit Bus Service 38 is a trunk service plying between Tampines and Bedok, passing through Tampines East, Simei, Tanah Merah and Bedok South.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Tampines East, Simei, Tanah Merah, Bedok South|
|Route Length||11.3km (D1) | 11.0km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0515 – 0040 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0545 – 0040 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 14 mins
After 1930: 12 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 10 mins
After 1930: 11 – 17 mins
Service 38 was formed with the merger of two feeder routes, and provides inter-town links between Bedok South, Simei and Tampines East.
From Bedok South Road, Service 38 provides a quicker route to Bedok Interchange as compared to Feeder 229, and compliments Service 12 with connections to Tanah Merah MRT, Simei and Tampines East. Along with Service 20, Service 38 links up most of Simei estate with Simei MRT.
- New Upp Changi Rd (Tanah Merah Stn) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: 0520hrs, 0528hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0520hrs, 0529hrs, 0539hrs, 0548hrs
- Bedok South Rd (Blk 40) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0540hrs
Saturday: 0530hrs, 0543hrs
- New Upp Changi Rd (Tanah Merah Stn) → Bedok Int
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 38 consists of Scania K230UBs and Volvo B10M MkIVs.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 2002 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2002 (07 Apr): Introduced between Tampines and Bedok, following merger of feeder services 220 and 290.
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- Refer to this article
- 2002: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2002.