Go-Ahead Bus Service 12 is a trunk route connecting Pasir Ris and Kampong Bahru through Bugis, East Coast, Bedok South, Simei and Tampines. Like Service 2, it provides a link between Chinatown and the eastern part of Singapore, but along different routes.
Looking for Service 12e instead? Check out the article here.
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↔ Kampong Bahru Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 2, Simei Rd, Upp Changi Rd East, Bedok South Rd, East Coast Rd, Mountbatten Rd, Victoria St, Eu Tong Sen St|
|Route Length||25.8 km (D1) | 25.8 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||105 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
||0530hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Kampong Bahru
||0555hrs – 0000hrs (Weekdays)
0625hrs – 0000hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 09 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 09 – 14 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 09 – 10 mins
After 1900hrs: 11 – 13 mins
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 10 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 08 – 15 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 08 – 14 mins
After 1900hrs: 10 – 14 mins
Service 12 plies from the East to Central Singapore, connecting the residential estates of Pasir Ris, Tampines, Simei and Bedok South, along with private housing districts of East Coast and Mountbatten, to the Central areas of Kallang, Bugis, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. The route serves numerous inter-town connections, supplementing Services 21 and 358 between Pasir Ris Town Centre and Pasir Ris Drive 1, and Service 38 between Bedok South, Tanah Merah and Simei. Owing to steady demand throughout the day, this service operates a majority of double-deck buses in addition to single-deck buses.
It received additional buses under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) progressively from 2013 onwards. In 2014, the Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) was implemented on this route for a two-year trial.
As part of the DTL3 Bus Service Enhancements, Service 12 calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 2, at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
- Limited Stop Express Service 12e: Pasir Ris Int ↔ Kampong Bahru Ter
Daily, skips East Coast Rd, Mountbatten Rd, Kallang Rd
- Sims Avenue (Kallang Stn) → Pasir Ris Interchange
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0555hrs, 0605hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0630hrs, 0640hrs
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Stations served:
- EW1 Pasir Ris
- DT33 Tampines East
- CG1DT35 Expo
- EW4CG Tanah Merah
- CC7 Mountbatten
- EW10 Kallang
- EW11 Lavender
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- CC2 Bras Basah
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- 11 Apr 1971 – 31 Oct 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 01 Nov 1973 – 31 Oct 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 01 Nov 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Bedok Road/Upper Changi Road and Commonwealth Avenue/North Buona Vista Rd as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganisation, operated by Associated Bus Services.
- 1974 (3 Feb): Extended to Upper Changi Road 13.3km, near the current Anglican High School.
- 1975 (2 Mar): Amended to Sims Ave and Lor 1 Geylang with the conversion of Changi Rd and Geylang Rd to one-way traffic
- 1975 (11 Dec): Amended to New Upp Changi Rd, Bedok Walk (present Bedok South Ave 3), Bedok Plain (present Bedok South Rd) and Bedok Highway (present Bedok South Ave 1)
- 1979: Relocated to Upper Changi Road 15.5km
- 1980 (15 Jun): Relocated to Somapah Int
- 1980 (28 Dec): Amended to Upp Changi Rd East, skipping Bedok Rd and Upp Changi Rd
- 1982: Amended to Buona Vista Ter
- 1987 (27 Sep): Amended to North Canal Rd and Eu Tong Sen St instead of Upp Circular Rd
- 1987 (13 Dec): Serves new staggered bus stop 04168 along North Bridge Rd
- 1988 (23 Oct): Extended to Pasir Ris Ter and amended to New Bridge Rd Ter after switching routes with Service 32
- 1989 (10 Dec): Amended to Pasir Ris Int
- 1990 (22 Jul): Serves additional bus stop 04222 along Eu Tong Sen St
- 1993 (11 Apr): Amended to Jln Sultan, Victoria St, Hill St and New Bridge Rd, skipping North Bridge Rd, South Bridge Rd and Upp Cross St
- 1994 (3 Jul): Amended to Kallang Rd and Victoria St, skipping Crawford St and North Bridge Rd
- 1997 (7 Dec): Amended to Upp Pickering St, South Bridge Rd and Kreta Ayer Rd with the closure of New Bridge Rd (between Upp Pickering St and Kreta Ayer Rd) for the construction of North East Line (NEL)
- 1999: Serves new pair of bus stops 84141 & 84149 along Bedok South Rd
- 2002 (20 Apr): Route reinstated along New Bridge Rd, skipping Upp Pickering St, South Bridge Rd and Kreta Ayer Rd
- 2005 (5 Jun): Amended to southbound Sims Way
- 2005 (2 Jul): Amended to northbound Sims Way
- 2006 (3 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus (WAB) service
- 2014 (10 Aug): Calls at new bus stop along Mountbatten Rd (opp Blk 2)
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station.
- 2018 (28 Jan): Route variant Limited Stop Express Service 12e introduced
- 2018 (10 Mar): Amended to Kampong Bahru Ter
- 2018 (08 Apr): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Upper Changi Rd East (Bef Simei Rd / Aft Somapah Rd)
- Refer to this article
- 2018: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2018.