Go-Ahead Feeder Bus Service 386 is a residential feeder route connecting Punggol Bus Interchange & MRT to Edgefield Plains, looping at Punggol East. This is the thirtieth (30th) bus service to be rolled out under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), as well as the fourth feeder service after 803. It was launched on Sunday, 17 August 2014.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go Ahead Singapore) has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 4 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
|Bus Service 386: Punggol ↺ Punggol East (Loop)
|From Punggol||Looping at Punggol East|
- At Edgefield Plains (End), commuters heading towards Punggol East should board Bus Service 386 at Bus Stop 65391 – Block 672A, while commuters heading towards Punggol Temp Int should board at the opposite bus stop at Bus Stop 65399 – Block 670A.
- At Edgedale Plains (End), commuters heading towards Punggol East should board Bus Service 386 at Bus Stop 65371 – Block 682A, while commuters heading towards Punggol Temp Int should board at the opposite bus stop at Bus Stop 65379 – Block 661A.
|Route||Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Punggol East (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Punggol Ctrl, Edgefield Plains, Edgedale Plains|
|Route Length||9.3 km|
|Traveling Time||35 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single-Deck Buses
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol||0545hrs – 0035hrs (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 07 – 08 mins
0831 – 1659: 10 – 15 mins
1700 – 1900: 07 – 10 mins
After 1900: 07 – 15 mins
Originally introduced on 17 August 2014 and looping at Edgefield Plains as the 30th BSEP Bus Service, Bus Service 386’s route was extended to loop at Punggol East (Riveria Station) from 14 February 2015 as the 37th Bus Service to be enhanced under BSEP. Free rides were offered on the day of route extension.
From 24 April 2016, the route was extended to Edgedale Plains (End) to serve newly completed Build-to-Order (BTO) estates,Waterway View and Waterway Sundew. This route extension however, did not count towards the 80 Bus Services planned to be introduced/enhanced under BSEP.
The stretch of Edgefield Plains which Service 386 plies is not served by existing bus routes, and is surrounded by existing and upcoming residential developments. Apart from existing housing developments around Punggol Central and Punggol Drive, the route serves new Built-to-Order (BTO) flats at the far end of Edgefield Plains, Waterway Banks and Waterway Ridges.
Buses at Edgefield Plains and Edgedale Plains will call at separate bus stops depending on their direction of travel. Passengers heading towards Punggol East should board the bus from the bus stop outside Blk 672A and outside Blk 682A respectively, while others heading towards Punggol MRT Station & Bus Interchange should board the bus from the bus stop outside Blk 670A and Blk 661A respectively instead.
Bus Service 386 provides direct bus connections to for the following groups of commuters:
- Residents of estates along Punggol Central, Edgefield Plains & Edgedale Plains
Direct Bus Connection to/from Punggol MRT and amenities at Punggol East.
Bus Service 386 also serves the following amenities along its route:
- HDB Estates
- Waterway Banks
- Waterway Ridges
- Waterway Sundew
- Waterway View
- Waterway Woodcress
- Punggol Secondary School
- Oasis Primary School
- Horizon Primary School
- Greendale Primary School
- Greendale Secondary School
- Edgefield Primary School
- Shopping Centres:
- Punggol Plaza
- Waterway Point
- Punggol 21 Community Centre
- Central Christian Church
2015 Service Extension
The service extension was celebrated with a lion dance performance, followed by a ribbon-cutting ceremony by Ms Penny Low, Member of Parliament (MP) for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, at the bus stop outside Punggol Plaza (Punggol Field – Opp Blk 126A) on the morning of 14 February 2015. Two buses, SBS6366G and SBS6530Z, were chartered for this event to ply the full 386 extended route with MP and residents onboard.
2016 Route Extension to Edgedale Plains (End):
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- Punggol Central (Blk 162B) → Punggol Temp Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 0525hrs, 0538hrs, 0551hrs
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0545hrs
- 17 Aug 2014 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2014 (17 Aug): Introduced as a feeder service from Punggol to Edgefield Plains under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (29 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (06 Feb): Original date of extension to Punggol East brought forward from 15 Feb to 14 Feb.
- 2015 (14 Feb): Extended to loop at Punggol East (Riveria Station)
- 2016 (24 Apr): Extended to serve Edgedale Plains (End)
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
External Links & References: