Go-Ahead Bus Service 43 is a trunk service plying between Punggol and Upper East Coast, passing through Sengkang, Buangkok, Yio Chu Kang Rd, Upper Paya Lebar, Tanjong Katong and Marine Parade. A supplementary route variant, Service 43M, operates daily alongside this route.
Service 43 will call at an additional bus stop (Punggol Stn/Int) along Punggol Ctrl from 26 Nov 2017.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go-Ahead Singapore) has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 4 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 43: Punggol ↔ Upper East Coast|
To Upper East Coast
- Service 43 will call at the bus stop in BLUE from 26 Nov 2017.
||Punggol Bus Interchange ↔ Upper East Coast Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Boon Keng, Geylang, Marine Parade, Upper East Coast|
|Route Length||23.5km (D1) | 23.5km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||~95 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore (Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Punggol
||0545 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Upp East Coast
||0525 – 2345 (Weekdays)
0545 – 2345 (Weekends & Public Holidays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0530-0830: 09 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 13 – 16 mins
After 1900: 14 – 16 mins
|0530-0830: 10 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 18 mins
After 1900: 13 – 18 mins
Introduced in 2005, Service 43 is an inter-town route connecting residential towns of Punggol, Sengkang, Buangkok, Serangoon, Marine Parade and Upper East Coast. Serving many areas of high commuter traffic, this service encounters moderate to high demand throughout the day.
This service compliments Service 70/M, 76 and the Circle Line between Paya Lebar and Serangoon. Peak demand is especially high between Paya Lebar and Marine Parade, as well as between Serangoon MRT and Buangkok Green. As such, the sector is supplemented by Service 43M.
- Paya Lebar Rd (Opp Trinity @ Paya Lebar) → Upper East Coast Ter
- Paya Lebar Rd (Le Crescendo) → Punggol Int
- Service 43M: Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Serangoon Central (Loop)
Service 43M is a supplementary route of Service 43, launched on Sunday, 16 November 2014 duplicating its parent service between Punggol Bus Interchange and Serangoon Central. It relieves demand and improves reliability of bus services for commuters along Service 43′s most crowded stretches of route.
MRT Stations served by this route:
LRT Stations served by this route:
- 23 Oct 2005 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2005 (23 Oct): Introduced between Punggol and Upper East Coast Terminal, via Sengkang East Rd, Buangkok Green, Yio Chu Kang Rd, Serangoon Central, Upp Paya Lebar Rd & Paya Lebar Rd, Tanjong Katong Rd & Marine Parade Rd.
- 2009 (23 Aug): No longer plies Eunos Rd 8 after Paya Lebar Rd was reinstated
- 2009 (3 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (23 Jul): Introduction of shortworking trip 43A from Buangkok Green to Serangoon Stn during AM Peak hours
- Sep 2012: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (16 Nov): Supplementary route Service 43M introduced, Shortworking Trip 43A withdrawn.
- 2014 (07 Dec): Calls at a pair of new bus stops along Punggol Central (Blk 264 / Opp Blk 264)
- 2015 (30 Aug): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Punggol Way
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. First bus from Upp East Coast on weekdays brought forward to 0525hrs instead of 0545hrs.
- 2016 (13 Nov): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Sengkang East Rd (Opp Blk 293D / Blk 286B)
- 2017 (26 Nov): Calls at an additional bus stop along Punggol Central (Punggol Stn/Int)
- Refer to this article
- 2005: No significant route changes since 2005.
External Links & References: