SBS Transit Townlink Service 812 is an Townlink service operating from Yishun Temp Interchange and looping at both Yishun Avenue 4 and Yishun Avenue 3, passing through Yishun Central, Yishun Street 61, Yishun Ring Road and Yishun Ave 3. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Bus Stop 59161 (Opp Blk 201) along Yishun Central in-between loops.
SBS Transit has taken over operations of Bus Service 812 on 25 March 2018 as part of the Seletar Bus Package
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 812: Yishun ↺ Yishun Ave 4 & Yishun Ave 3 (Loop)
Loop at Yishun Ave 4
Loop at Yishun Ave 3
- Buses from the East Loop will continue to the West Loop at Opp Blk 201, Yishun Central unless “Terminate at Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) 812E” is displayed.
- Buses from the West Loop will only continue to the East Loop if “Terminate at Yishun Int 812E” is not displayed.
||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Yishun Avenue 4 & Avenue 3 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ctrl, St 61, Ring Rd, Ave 3|
|Route Length||12.1 km|
|Travelling Time||55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Yishun Temp Int
|0530 – 0055 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Opp Blk 201, Yishun Central
|0525 – 0055 (Weekdays / Sat)
0530 – 0055 (Sundays / Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 09 – 10 mins
After 1900: 09 – 16 mins
Intratown Service 812 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Yishun Central, Yishun St 61, Yishun Ave 4, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Ring Rd and Yishun Ave 3, connecting them to transport nodes at Yishun Town Centre, namely Yishun MRT and Bus Interchange. Its primary area of service is Yishun Neighbourhood 6 on the East Loop, and Neighbourhoods 1 and 7 on the West Loop. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand from Yishun residents.
The route serves schools such as Northland Primary, Chung Cheng High School (Yishun), Rainbow Centre – Yishun Park School, Jiemin Primary, Yishun Junior College and Naval Base Secondary. Other public amenities served include Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Yishun Polyclinic, SAFRA Yishun Country Club and Chong Pang CC.
Service 812 operates in two loops, where buses will first ply the East Loop (via Yishun Ave 4) followed by the West Loop (via Yishun Ave 3). The 812 berth inside Yishun Temp Int is for the East Loop, while commuters heading towards the West Loop (via Yishun Ave 4) should board outside Yishun Temp Int at Bus Stop 59161 Opp Blk 201. Terminating trips will operate as Service 812E on the West Loop, indicating that the bus will terminate at Yishun Temp Int and no longer continue its journey on the East Loop.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings are extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
In 2015, a Peak Period Short Service variant, 812P was launched. The route duplicated the West loop of Intratown 812. It was withdrawn in January 2017.
MRT Stations Served
- Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) → Yishun Temp Int via Yishun Ave 3
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0535hrs, 0540hrs, 0545hrs, 0636hrs, 0659hrs, 0720hrs, 0742hrs, 1717hrs, 1730hrs, 1744hrs, 1801hrs, 1811hrs, 1825hrs & 1853hrs
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 0530hrs
- Service 812E – Terminate at Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201)
Yishun Temp Int → Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) via Yishun Ave 4
Weekdays: 0045hrs & 0055hrs
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays: 0555hrs
Gallery (SBS Transit)
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – 24 Mar 2018: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 25 Mar 2018 onwards: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1996: Introduced as Intratown 912, merged from services 802 and 803. Intra-town service between Yishun Int and Yishun Ave 3/St 61.
- 2007 (06 May): Calls at the new pair of bus stops at Blk 774 & Opposite Blk 774 along Yishun Ring Road.
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int. West loop starting stop amended to Opp Blk 201 along Yishun Central.
- 2015 (24 May): Calls at the new pair of bus stops at & Opp Yishun SAFRA along Yishun Central.
- 2016 (20 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (25 Mar): Operations transferred to SBS Transit as part of the Seletar Bus Package. Renamed Townlink 812 from Intratown 812.
More photos (SMRT Buses) at the next page…