SMRT Intratown Service 812 is an Intratown service operating from Yishun Temp Interchange and looping at both Yishun Avenue 4 and Yishun Avenue 3, passing through Yishun Central, Yishun Street 61, Yishun Ring Road and Yishun Ave 3. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Bus Stop 59161 (Opp Blk 201) along Yishun Central in-between loops.
Route variant Peak Period Short Service 812P will be withdrawn on 20 Jan 2017.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 812: Yishun ↺ Yishun Ave 4 & Yishun Ave 3 (Loop)
Loop at Yishun Ave 4
Loop at Yishun Ave 3
- Buses from the East Loop will continue to the West Loop at Opp Blk 201, Yishun Central unless “812E Ends at Yishun Int/MRT” is displayed.
- Buses from the West Loop will only continue to the East Loop if “812E Ends at Yishun Int/MRT” is not displayed.
||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Yishun Avenue 4 & Avenue 3 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ctrl, St 61, Ring Rd, Ave 3|
|Route Length||12.1 km|
|Travelling Time||55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||18-metre Articulated bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
– MAN NG363F (A24)
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Yishun Temp Int
|0530 – 0055 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Opp Blk 201, Yishun Central
|0525 – 0055 (Weekdays / Sat)
0530 – 0055 (Sundays / Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 09 – 10 mins
After 1900: 09 – 16 mins
Intratown Service 812 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Yishun Central, Yishun St 61, Yishun Ave 4, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Ring Rd and Yishun Ave 3, connecting them to transport nodes at Yishun Town Centre, namely Yishun MRT and Bus Interchange. Its primary area of service is Yishun Neighbourhood 6 on the East Loop, and Neighbourhoods 1 and 7 on the West Loop. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand from Yishun residents.
The route serves schools such as Northland Primary, Chung Cheng High School (Yishun), Rainbow Centre – Yishun Park School, Jiemin Primary, Yishun Junior College and Naval Base Secondary. Other public amenities served include Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Yishun Polyclinic, SAFRA Yishun Country Club and Chong Pang CC.
Service 812 operates in two loops, where buses will first ply the East Loop (via Yishun Ave 4) followed by the West Loop (via Yishun Ave 3). The 812 berth inside Yishun Temp Int is for the East Loop, while commuters heading towards the West Loop (via Yishun Ave 4) should board outside Yishun Temp Int at Bus Stop 59161 Opp Blk 201. Terminating trips will operate as Service 812E on the West Loop, indicating that the bus will terminate at Yishun Temp Int and no longer continue its journey on the East Loop.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings are extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
MRT Stations Served:
- Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) → Yishun Temp Int via Yishun Ave 3
Daily, 3 trips before the first East Loop bus from Yishun Temp Int reaches Opp Blk 201.
Peak Period Short Service Variant:
- Peak Period Short Service 812P: [To be withdrawn on 20 Jan 2017]
Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) → Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange via Yishun Avenue 3
Introduced 20 Jan 2015 , duplicates west loop of Service 812
Fleet: See Above.
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2018 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1996: Introduced as Intratown 912, merged from services 802 and 803. Intra-town service between Yishun Int and Yishun Ave 3/St 61.
- 2007 (06 May): Calls at the new pair of bus stops at Blk 774 & Opposite Blk 774 along Yishun Ring Road.
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int. West loop starting stop amended to Opp Blk 201 along Yishun Central.
- 2015 (24 May): Calls at the new pair of bus stops at & Opp Yishun SAFRA along Yishun Central.
- 2016 (20 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)