Go-Ahead Bus Service 82 is a trunk service plying between Punggol Int and looping at Serangoon Central, passing through Sengkang, Hougang and Kovan.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go Ahead Singapore) has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 4 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
|Route||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Serangoon Central (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Sengkang, Hougang, Kovan|
|Travelling Time||~75 mins|
|GCM Route Package
||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol
||0515 – 0030 (Daily)|
|0530-0830: 13 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 12 – 17 mins
After 1900: 13 – 17 mins
Service 82 connects the residential towns of Serangoon, Kovan, Hougang, Sengkang and Punggol. Largely duplicating the North-East Line, this route primarily serves housing blocks near Punggol Road and Hougang Avenue 10 with connections to various NEL stations. Much of this route is remnant of its former routing which stretched all the way to World Trade Centre.
In 2011, this route was amended to loop at Serangoon from Punggol to lack of space in the new Serangoon Interchange.
|Loop Service (via Serangoon Central)|
MRT Stations served by this route:
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 1999: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 1999 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganization, plying between Punggol Rd End and Prince Edward and operated by Associated Bus Services
- 1973: Operated by Singapore Bus Services (SBS)
- 1978: Amended to Jln Sultan, Victoria St and Kallang Rd
- 1987: Amended to terminate at Shenton Way Ter
- 1992 (29 Mar): Amended to ply Hougang Ave 2 and Ave 10
- 1995 (17 Dec): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 1999 (29 Aug): Handed back to Singapore Bus Services (SBS)
- 2003 (07 Dec): Under Phase 3 of NEL Rationalisation, route was shortened to Serangoon Int and amended to ply Punggol Field, Punggol Place and Punggol Central
- 2011 (3 Sep): Amended to start from Punggol Int and loop at Serangoon Ctrl and Boundary Rd following the opening of the new Serangoon Int. Deleted Punggol Road End sector replaced by new service 84. Pair of bus stops along Punggol Place were skipped.
- 2013 (31 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. First bus timings pushed earlier daily to 0515hrs instead of 0530hrs.
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.
External Links & References: