SBS Transit Bus Service 86 is a trunk service plying between Sengkang Int and Ang Mo Kio Int, passing through Sengkang East, Jalan Kayu, Yio Chu Kang Rd and Ang Mo Kio. It has a short express sector on the TPE between Punggol Road and Jalan Kayu.
|Route||Sengkang Bus Interchange ↔ Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Sengkang East, TPE, Jalan Kayu, Yio Chu Kang Rd, Ang Mo Kio|
|Route Length||14.8km (D1) | 15.0km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0515 – 2330 (Weekdays)
0530 – 2330 (Sat, Sun)
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 12 mins
After 1930: 12 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 12 mins
After 1930: 12 – 16 mins
Service 86 is an inter-town route connecting Sengkang East with Yio Chu Kang Rd and Ang Mo Kio. It has a short express sector on the Tampines Expressway (TPE), between Punggol Road and Jalan Kayu.
This service benefits from demand between Ang Mo Kio MRT/Int and residential areas around Yio Chu Kang Road, as well as between Sengkang MRT/Int with residential blocks around Sengkang East.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See Above
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1988 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 1999: Trans-Island Bus Service Ltd
- 1999 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- Originally introduced as Service 59 in 1988 (Bishan – Jln Kayu), later amended to Ang Mo Kio – Sengkang and re-numbered to Service 866
- 1999 (05 Dec): Re-numbered to Service 86
- 2002 (24 Mr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2003 (18 Jan): Amended to new air-conditioned Sengkang Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2003 (09 Feb): Amended to ply Compassvale Dr instead of Punggol Rd and Sengkang East Ave.
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2010 (02 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (13 Oct): Route amendment due to permanent closure of a section of Jalan Kayu, four bus stops relocated. 0.1km added to D1; 0.2km added to D2.
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
External Links & References: