SBS Transit Bus Service 87 is a trunk service plying between Sengkang Int and Bedok Int, passing through Hougang Central, Hougang Ave 3, Kaki Bukit and Bedok North.
Towards Bedok Int
Towards Sengkang Int
|Route||Sengkang Bus Interchange ↔ Bedok Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Hougang Central, Hougang Ave 3, Kaki Bukit, Bedok North|
|Route Length||13.2km (D1) | 13.4km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 05 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 05 – 09 mins
After 1930: 05 – 18 mins
|0630-0830: 05 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 05 – 13 mins
After 1930: 14 – 17 mins
At just 13 km long, Service 87 is a relatively short inter-town route, but serves many heavy-demand sectors and is an important route. It connects Sengkang, Hougang Ctrl, Hougang Ave 3, Kaki Bukit and Bedok, and experiences high demand during most of the day by residents and office workers.
From Ubi and Kaki Bukit Industrial Estates, Service 87 connects to Bedok, Hougang Central and Sengkang, providing direct bus service to these areas. From Bedok Interchange, the route also connects Kaki Bukit residents to their homes.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See above.
- 1999 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1999 (19 Sep): Introduced by SBS between Sengkang Int and Bedok Int
- 2001 (28 Apr): Terminates at Sengkang Temp Int
- 2003 (18 Jan): Terminates at air-conditioned Sengkang Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (28 Aug): Amended to Jln Tenaga & Jln Damai, with the partial closure of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 due to the Downtown MRT Line construction works.
- 2011 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Terminates at Bedok Temporary Int
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Terminates at air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2016 (24 Apr): Resumes using Kaki Bukit Ave 1, skipping Jln Damai and Jln Tenaga.
- Refer to this article
- 2016: No significant route changes since 2016.
External Links & References: