SBS Transit Bus Service 9 is a circular trunk route connecting Bedok and Changi Airfreight Center through Simpang Bedok, Simei, Tampines and Loyang Avenue. It is one of three daily trunk services to Changi Airfreight Center (formerly known as Changi Airport Cargo Complex).
Bus Service 9 will call at a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
|Bus Service 9: Bedok ↺ Airport Cargo Road (Loop)
||Looping at Airport Cargo Road
||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Airport Cargo Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bedok Rd, Simei St 3, Tampines Ave 7, Loyang Ave|
|Route Length||32.9 km|
|Travelling Time||130 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo B10TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0530hrs – 0000hrs (Daily)|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 05 – 09 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 06 – 12 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 07 – 15 mins
After 1900hrs: 12 – 23 mins
Service 9 is a popular inter-town route between Bedok, Tanah Merah, Simei, Tampines, Loyang and Changi Village. The sector between Simei and Changi Airfreight Terminal experiences high weekday peak demand from the factories and offices at Changi, in addition to heavy resident commute between estates. As such, a bulk of the fleet is comprised of double-deck buses.
Changi Airfreight Centre is a restricted area and only staff with valid passes are allowed to enter. Auxiliary police officers will board the bus to check for staff passes at the Police Pass Office along Airline Road. Visitors who do not have a pass are to alight and re-board the bus after it returns from completing its loop within the Airfreight Centre (at a separate bus stop opposite Police Pass Office).
Upon tapping out of the bus, the exit reader will display “Ride Suspended”. It will resume the journey when one taps onboard the same service after the bus comes out of the Airfreight Centre. Cash-paying passengers will still have to pay a full fare to their journey after they board the bus.
Alongside Services 19 and 89, Service 9 is one of three daily trunk services to Changi Airfreight Center (formerly known as Changi Airport Cargo Complex).
As part of the DTL3 Bus Service Enhancements, Service 9 calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 2, at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
MRT Stations Served:
- Airport Cargo Road (Airfreight Ter Bldg) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0618hrs, 0637hrs
- Tampines Avenue 7 (Blk 370) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0625hrs, 0631hrs, 0642hrs, 0652hrs, 0708hrs
- Service 9A: Bedok Interchange → Loyang Avenue (Blk 149A)
Weekdays PM Peak only
- 1979 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023.
- 1979: Introduced by SBS between Geylang Fringe Car Park and Changi Point
- 1983 (25 Jun): Integrated with Services 391 and 395, extended to loop at Changi Airport Cargo Complex as part of the 1983 Changi Airport Bus Plan
- 1988: Amended to Upp Changi Rd East, Simei Rd / Tampines St 31, Ave 2, Ave 7, Loyang Ave, deleting existing sectors along Bedok Rd, Upp Changi Rd and Loyang Way.
- 1992: Shortened to Bedok Int
- 1995 (15 Nov): Amended to Simei Ave and St 3, serving Simei estate
- 1998: Amended into Simpang Bedok via Bedok Rd and Upp Changi Rd
- 2011 (19 Nov): Terminates at Bedok Temporary Bus Interchange. Amended to call at the bus stops outside Bedok Station in both directions.
- 2014 (30 Nov): Terminates at air-conditioned Bedok Bus Interchange.
- 2014 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station.
- Refer to this article
- 1998: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1998.