SBS Transit Bus Service 103 is a trunk route operating between Serangoon Int and Yishun Temp Int, passing through Yio Chu Kang Road, Jalan Kayu, Seletar Aerospace Drive, Yishun Ave 11 and Yishun Ctrl.
Seletar Airport has been relocated to Seletar Aerospace Road 1 from 19 November 2018 and is now served by Bus Service 102.
||Serangoon Bus Interchange ↔ Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Yio Chu Kang Road, Jalan Kayu, Seletar Aerospace Drive, Yishun Ave 1|
|Route Length||17.7 km (D1) | 18.1 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||~60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Serangoon
||0600hrs – 0015hrs (Weekdays)
0600hrs – 0000hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Departure Times from Yishun
||0600hrs – 0000hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 12 mins
After 1900: 10 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 10 mins
After 1900: 14 – 17 mins
Service 103 serves both residential developments along Yio Chu Kang Road/Jln Kayu and various industries within Seletar Aerospace Park along its route. The route connects to Serangoon Town Centre, as well as the Jalan Kayu roundabout, where passengers can transfer to other bus routes plying the TPE/SLE corridor.
Along with Bus Service 117, Bus Service 103 serves aviation-based industries located in the vicinity, collectively known as Seletar Aerospace Park. The area also houses a small group of colonial bungalows which this route also serves.
In Jun 2015, Service 103 was extended to Yishun Temp Int under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP). This is the 41st bus service enhancement under the BSEP, as well as the 7th route extension. The extended route provides a new direct link between Yishun and Seletar Aerospace Park in which there was no connection between before the extension.
The amended route enhances connectivity between Yishun Central, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, SAFRA Yishun Country Club, Huamin Primary School and residential estates around Yishun. The new connection between Jalan Kayu and Yishun provides an alternative for commuters previously relying on Services 39 and 858 between these two points.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Stations Served
- Yio Chu Kang Rd (Bef St. Helier’s Ave) → Yishun Temp Int
Weekdays: 0550hrs, 0600hrs
- Jalan Kayu (Bef Seletar Camp G) → Yishun Temp Int
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0613hrs
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0600hrs, 0611hrs
- West Camp Rd (Aft Shell Aviation) → Serangoon Int
- Jalan Kayu (Aft Seletar Camp G) → Serangoon Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0540hrs, 0550hrs, 0600hrs, 0610hrs
Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0542hrs, 0554hrs, 0606hrs
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0550hrs, 0605hrs
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 1999: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 1999 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Serangoon Gardens Estate and Commonwealth Ave/North Buona Vista Rd, operated by Associated Bus Services
- 1974: Extended to Jln Kayu
- 1980s: Amended to Buona Vista Ter
- 1992: Shortened to New Bridge Rd Ter, with the amendments of Services 5 and 32.
- 1995 (17 Dec): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS), with no route change
- 1999 (26 Dec): Handed back to Singapore Bus Services (SBS)
- 2001 (15 Jan): Amended to ply Yio Chu Kang Road and Boundary Rd instead of Yio Chu Kang Link due to junction upgrading works at Boundary Road/Upp Serangoon Road
- 2003 (07 Dec): Shortened to Serangoon interchange and merged with Services 378 and 379, under Phase 3 of NEL Rationalisation. Route changed to Serangoon Int to Picadilly (Loop). Service 103W was introduced on the same day to replace former Service 379 from Jln Kayu to Seletar West Camp (Loop) and later renamed 103M.
- 2007 (01 Jul): Bus Stop 68071 (before East Camp Gate) is relocated & Bus Stop 68079 (after East Camp Gate) is abolished along Piccadilly Road.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 103W was renumbered to Service 103M, no change in route.
- 2011 (13 Feb): Service 103 & 103M was merged to form Service 103. It calls at 14 new bus stops along West Camp Rd & Seletar Aerospace Dr. At the same time, the bus stop at Picadilly was abolished and the permanent removal of the partial section of West Camp Rd.
- 2011 (03 Sep): Amended to Upp Serangoon Rd instead of Serangoon Central with the opening of the new Serangoon Bus Int
- 2013 (13 Oct): Route amendment due to permanent closure of a section of Jalan Kayu
- 2014 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (14 Jun): Extended to Yishun Temp Int under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), adopting a bidirectional routing.
- 2016 (20 Jan): Start of double-decker bus deployments
- 2018 (25 Nov): Calls at 3 new bus stops along Yishun Avenue 1
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.