Go-Ahead Bus Service 118 is a trunk service plying between Punggol Interchange and Changi Business Park Terminal, via Punggol West, Tampines Expressway (TPE), Tampines West, Simei Avenue and Xilin Avenue. It connects the residential towns of Punggol and Tampines West, as well as serving the Changi Business Park area, ITE College East and Temasek Polytechnic.
Service 118 commenced operations on 20th December 2015 as the fifty-second (52nd) bus service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange ↔ Changi Business Park Terminal|
|Passes Through||Punggol West, TPE, Tampines Ave 10/5/8/1, Simei Ave|
|Route Length||Towards Changi Biz Park: 16.1 km
||Towards Punggol: 16.5 km
|Traveling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Punggol
|05:45 – 23:30|
|Departure Times from Changi Business Park
|05:45 – 23:30|
||6 – 8 mins||8 – 15 mins||10 – 12 mins||11 – 15 mins|
|From Changi Business Park
||10 mins||10 – 12 mins||5 – 11 mins||10 – 15 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
The route benefits commuters with improved connections between Punggol, Tampines West and Changi Business Park. Prior to the launch of Service 118, existing Premium Services 593 and 744 also originate and terminate at both Punggol and Changi Business Park which operate during peak hours only and charge a $3 flat fare. Service 118 provides a cheaper alternative for Changi Business Park commuters.
Plying the TPE, Service 118 calls at the Tampines Expressway (Punggol Road) Bus Interchange, facilitating transfers to other bus services along the TPE corridor. It also serves Temasek Polytechnic and ITE College East, providing additional connectivity to students and staff. As such, Bus Service 118 encounters very high demand during the peak periods from the educational institutions it serves.First Day (20 Dec 2015) Observations (Click to expand)
Owing to errors in scheduling, the first bus of Service 118 departed Punggol Interchange at 5:30am, earlier than the published first bus timing of 5:45am. The last buses, who were rostered for 11:45pm departing both termini (15 minutes later than the published 11:30pm last bus), were recalled back to the depot without performing the 11:45pm trip.
Service 118 offered free rides for throughout the morning and most of the afternoon due to several issues with the NOBE (fare collection system). The card readers displayed error messages when EZ-link cards were tapped, and were unable to deduct fares as a result.
While several Volvo B9TL buses were swapped out in the morning due to NOBE issues, single-deck Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses were deployed to operate a few trips, before being taken out of service when the Volvo B9TL buses returned from the depot.
MRT / LRT Stations served:
- Punggol Way (Aft TPE) → Punggol Temp Int
Weekdays: 05:30, 05:45 & 05:59
Saturdays: 05:30, 05:44, 05:58 & 06:12
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:30, 05:43, 05:56 & 06:09
- Service 118A: Tampines Expressway (Aft Punggol Rd) → Simei Ave (ITE Coll East Adm Blk)
Weekdays Morning Peak Hours
- Service 118B: Simei Ave (Opp ITE Coll East Adm Blk) → Tampines Expressway (Bef Punggol Rd)
Weekdays Evening Peak Hours
Gallery (SBS Transit):
- 20 Dec 2015 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2015 (20 Dec): Introduced under the LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), plying between Punggol and Changi Business Park via Tampines. Wheelchair accessible at launch.
- 2016 (04 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- 2016 (23 Oct): Serves a new pair of bus stops (75171 / 75179) along Tampines Ave 5
- 2017 (21 Oct): Amended to ply Changi South Ave 1 and Changi Business Park Ave 1, skipping Changi South Ave 2
- 2017 (26 Nov): Serves an additional bus stop (65259) along Punggol Central