SBS Transit Bus Service 123 is a trunk route connecting Bukit Merah Int and Beach Station Bus Terminal in Sentosa, passing through Queensway, Napier Road, Orchard, Clemenceau Avenue, Havelock, Tiong Bahru and Lower Delta Road, while also operating a supplementary route variant, Service 123M.
📶 This Bus Service is Wi-Fi enabled, connect to #FreeWiFi@SBST.
- Bus Service 123 towards both Beach Station and Bukit Merah duplicates along Bukit Purmei Ave. Check the bus destination before boarding.
– Buses displaying the Red 123 Plate head towards Bukit Merah
– Buses displaying the White 123 Plate head towards Beach Station
||Bukit Merah Bus Interchange ↔ Beach Station Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Queensway, Napier Rd, Orchard, Clemenceau Ave, Havelock, Tiong Bahru, Lower Delta Rd, Resorts World Sentosa|
|Route Length||21.3 km (D1) | 19.7 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||61 mins – 104 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bukit Merah Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ulu Pandan Bus Depot (UPDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bukit Merah
||0545 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2345 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from Beach Station
||0600 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0615 – 2345 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630 – 0830: 10 – 12 mins
0831 – 1659: 12 – 15 mins
1700 – 1900: 12 – 16 mins
After 1900: 15 – 16 mins
|0630 – 0830: 11 – 12 mins
0831 – 1659: 11 – 15 mins
1700 – 1900: 13 – 14 mins
After 1900: 14 – 15 mins
Service 123 is a trunk route connecting Bukit Merah Int and Beach Station Bus Terminal. It primarily serves the residential estates along Bukit Merah, Queensway, Tiong Bahru and Bukit Purmei, offering connections to activity nodes such as the Orchard Road district, including Tanglin and Dhoby Ghaut, and Sentosa.
This service calls at several bus stops in Bukit Purmei estate twice in different directions, i.e. towards Bukit Merah and towards Beach Station. Red and white service plates are used to distinguish the direction of travel in addition to Electronic Display Signages (EDS) on buses. Red plate indicates buses heading for Bukit Merah; white plate indicates buses heading for Beach Station.
2017 Route Amendment
From Sunday, 30 July 2017, Service 123 will be amended to terminate at Beach Station Terminal within Sentosa Island, calling at intermediate stops along Artillery Avenue. It will also call at Resorts World Sentosa in the direction of Beach Station only. The route will enhance connectivity to Sentosa Island, linking it with Tiong Bahru MRT Station and the Orchard Road shopping belt.
The route amendment will make Service 123 the first regular trunk service to terminate at Sentosa. Currently, Express Services 188R and 963R terminate at Sentosa, which operate only on weekends and public holidays and charge express fares.
Service 123M will not be amended, and will continue to offer connections between HarbourFront Bus Interchange and Tiong Bahru.
White plated Service 123 buses will head towards Beach Station instead of Harbourfront.
- Kg Bahru Rd (Bef Mt Faber Lodge) → Bukit Merah Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 0550hrs
Sundays & Public Holidays: 0605hrs
- Service 123M: HarbourFront Bus Interchange ↺ Tiong Bahru Road (Loop)
MRT / Sentosa Monorail Stations Served:
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1971 (11 Apr) – 1971: Singapore Traction Company
- 1971 (06 Dec) – 1973: United Bus Company
- 1973 (01 Nov) – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 (01 Nov) – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bukit Merah Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Jln Aman Ter and South Canal Rd Ter as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganisation
- 1971 (09 May): Amended to Kg Bahru Ter
- 1974 (24 Feb): Amended to ply Grange Rd and Orchard Blvd with the conversion of Orchard Rd to one-way road, skipping Orchard Rd.
- 1975 (02 Feb): Amended to ply Zion Rd and Ganges Ave towards Jln Aman Ter with the partial conversion of Outram Rd to one-way road
- 1976 (08 Aug): Amended to serve New Bridge Rd
- 1985 (26 May): Amended to Whampoa Rd Ter
- 1987 (01 Oct): Amended to ply Eu Tong Sen St towards St. Michael’s Ter to facilitate the second stage of road expansion along New Bridge Rd.
- 1993 (04 Apr): Shortened to loop at Tomlinson Road when service 124 was amended.
- 1993 (23 May): Merged with service 14 and amended to ply between Bt Merah Int and Bt Purmei Ave via Queensway, Holland Rd & Orchard Rd.
- 2008 (14 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 123M was introduced to replace Shortworking trip 123B.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (24 Aug): Extended to HarbourFront Int and converted to a bi-directional route.
- 2017 (30 Jul): Extended to Beach Station Bus Terminal. Start of Double-decker deployments.
- 2018 (18 Nov): Start of operations under Bukit Merah Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- Refer to this article
- 2017: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2017.