SBS Transit Bus Service 123 is a trunk route connecting Bukit Merah Int and Beach Station Bus Terminal in Sentosa, passing through Queensway, Napier Road, Orchard, Clemenceau Avenue, Havelock, Tiong Bahru and Lower Delta Road, while also operating a supplementary route variant, Service 123M.
📶 This Bus Service is Wi-Fi enabled, connect to #FreeWiFi@SBST.
- Bus Service 123 towards both Beach Station and Bukit Merah duplicates along Bukit Purmei Ave. Check the bus destination before boarding.
– Buses displaying the Red 123 Plate head towards Bukit Merah
– Buses displaying the White 123 Plate head towards Beach Station (Sentosa)
|Route||Bukit Merah Bus Interchange ↔ Beach Station Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Jln Bt Merah, Queensway, Holland Rd, Orchard Rd / Orchard Blvd, Tiong Bahru Rd, Lower Delta Rd|
|Route Length||Towards Beach Stn: 21.3 km||Towards Bukit Merah: 19.7 km|
|Travelling Time||61 – 104 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bukit Merah Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ulu Pandan Bus Depot (UPDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bukit Merah
||Weekdays & Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:45 – 23:45||06:00 – 23:45|
|Departure Times from Beach Station
||Weekdays & Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|06:00 – 23:45||06:15 – 23:45|
|From Bukit Merah
|Weekdays||10 – 12 mins||12 – 15 mins||12 – 14 mins||15 – 16 mins|
|Saturdays||12 – 14 mins||14 – 17 mins||16 – 17 mins||14 – 17 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||13 – 14 mins||15 – 18 mins||16 – 18 mins||14 – 17 mins|
|From Beach Station
|Weekdays||10 – 12 mins||11 – 15 mins||12 – 14 mins||14 – 15 mins|
|Saturdays||12 – 13 mins||13 – 17 mins||17 – 18 mins||14 – 16 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||13 – 14 mins||14 – 18 mins||15 – 16 mins||14 – 17 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 123 is a trunk route connecting Bukit Merah Int and Beach Station Bus Terminal. It primarily serves the residential estates along Bukit Merah, Queensway, Tiong Bahru and Bukit Purmei, offering connections to activity nodes such as the Orchard Road district, as well as Tiong Bahru and Sentosa.
With the extension of Service 123 to Sentosa in July 2017, it was the first trunk route to terminate at Sentosa. The route serves the basement bus stop at Resorts World Sentosa in the direction of Beach Station only.
This service calls at several bus stops in Bukit Purmei estate twice in different directions, i.e. towards Bukit Merah and towards Beach Station. Red and white service plates are used to distinguish the direction of travel in addition to Electronic Display Signages (EDS) on buses. Red plate indicates buses heading for Bukit Merah; white plate indicates buses heading for Beach Station.
MRT / Sentosa Monorail Stations Served:
- Kg Bahru Rd (Bef Mt Faber Lodge) → Bukit Merah Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 05:50
Sundays & Public Holidays: 06:05
- Service 123M: HarbourFront Int ↺ Tiong Bahru Road (Loop)
- 11 Apr 1971 – 05 Dec 1971: Singapore Traction Company
- 06 Dec 1971 – 1973: United Bus Company
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bukit Merah Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Jln Aman Ter and South Canal Ter under 1971 Bus Reorganisation
- 1971 (09 May): Amended to Kg Bahru Rd Ter
- 1971 (06 Dec): Operations transferred to UBC
- 1974 (24 Feb): Amended to ply Grange Rd and Orchard Blvd with the conversion of Orchard Rd to one-way traffic, skipping Orchard Rd
- 1975 (02 Feb): Amended to ply Zion Rd and Ganges Ave towards Jln Aman Ter with the partial conversion of Outram Rd to one-way traffic
- 1976 (08 Aug): Amended to loop at New Bridge Rd
- 1985 (26 May): Amended to Whampoa Rd Ter
- 1987 (06 Apr): Skips abolished bus stop before College Rd along Outram Rd
- 1987 (01 Nov): Amended to ply Eu Tong Sen St towards St. Michael’s Ter to facilitate the second stage of road expansion along New Bridge Rd
- 1987 (13 Dec): Serves new staggered bus stop outside Orchard Stn along Orchard Blvd, skipping the bus stop opposite Orchard Stn; Serves new bus stop outside Newton Stn along Scotts Rd
- 1992: Amended to ply Orchard Link, skipping Grange Rd
- 1992: Amended to ply Clemenceau Ave towards St. Michael’s Ter, skipping Tank Rd
- 1993 (04 Apr): Shortened to loop at Tomlinson Rd from New Bridge Rd Ter under TransitLink Network Integration Exercise Phase 12
- 1993 (23 May): Integrated with Service 14, extended to start from Bt Merah Int and amended to loop at Bt Purmei Ave under TransitLink Network Integration Exercise Phase 13
- 2002 (07 Jul): Skips the bus stop opposite Mandarin Singapore along Orchard Rd
- 2005 (02 Jul): Amended to ply Grange Rd with the partial closure of Somerset Rd
- 2005 (30 Oct): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 94 along Zion Rd
- 2008 (14 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (24 Aug): Extended to HarbourFront Int.
- 2017 (30 Jul): Extended to Beach Station Bus Terminal in Sentosa, skipping Telok Blangah Rd. Start of Double-decker deployments.
- 2018 (18 Nov): Start of operations under Bukit Merah Bus Package (Tendered Contract)